We’ve heard from numerous Android users that using Craigslist on Android is not easy, which makes sense given that as of the time of writing (March 2022) there is no official Craigslist app available for Android devices through the Google Play Store.
If you are unable to upload images to Craigslist from your Android device, the most likely reason is that you’re trying to use a third-party unofficial Craigslist app to upload the photos. If this is the case, stop what you’re doing and follow our step-by-step tutorial for uploading images to Craigslist via your Android internet browser instead.
For any other information, see our FAQ section at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
How to upload images to Craigslist on Android
- On your Android smartphone or tablet device, open up either Google Chrome or Samsung Internet (or a comparative web browser app)
- In the search bar, navigate to https://www.craigslist.org/about/sites and from there select your region (US, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia, etc.)
- Next, select your city (or nearest urban center) from the list of options under your country listed in the chosen global region
- Now, find the button on the following page labeled ‘Post’ and tap on it
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the correct posting according to what you have to offer your local city/community
- Fill out the end form as fully as possible with all information accurate and pertinent to the posting on Craigslist for Android
- Provide a specific location for you and your posting
- Finally, you’ll arrive at the section where you’re able to add images to your new Craigslist posting; tap ‘Add Images’
- When the options pop up along the bottom of the screen, select the correct app to choose your photos or images from (for example: Gallery, Google Photos, Documents and so on)
- Locate and select all of the images you wish to upload to Craigslist by tapping and/or holding them
- Once you’ve select all of the images you wish to upload to Craigslist on Android, tap ‘Done with images’ and wait for them to upload to Craigslist
- Lastly, hit ‘Publish’ to publish your Craigslist listing complete with images
And there you have it: a full-proof method for uploading images to Craigslist on Android when your third-party Craigslist apps aren’t working. For any further questions or information, see our FAQs below.
What is Craigslist on Android?
Craigslist is a US-based online marketplace for users to post a huge variety of listings, from job and gig opportunities to house rentals and leases and the sale of furniture and other such items. On Craigslist, you can often find a whole host of opportunities and goods open and for sale in your area, and as such it is beloved by millions of people all around the world.
Unfortunately, however, there is no official Craigslist app for Android as it stands. I believe there is an iOS version of the Craigslist service available as an app, but on the Google Play Store you’ll only find third-party apps to assist with the use of Craigslist, but which are not Craigslist-approved apps themselves.
If you’re using one of these third-party apps, you may well be struggling to upload images to your Craigslist posting. If this is the case, we suggest following our step-by-step HowTo tutorial above to resolve the issue.
Should I be using a Craigslist app or the Craigslist browser page to upload pictures of my listings?
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a Craigslist Android app. Instead, there are a number of third-party apps of varying trustworthiness which you can use to bid on Craigslist listings, and to view the website in a more user-friendly manner for Android smartphone and tablet users.
If you want to actually make a post on Craigslist, and upload images about your listing to Craigslist, then we do not recommend using one of these third-party apps. Instead, we would recommend that you use the Craigslist website as accessed via your Google Chrome or Samsung Internet app.
To learn how to do this, simply follow our tutorial above.
Should I add images to my Craigslist post?
If you want your post to attract as many potential viewers/buyers/applicants as possible, it’s always highly recommended to add as many relevant images as possible. Giving people a clear and accessible visual description of the goods on offer, or the job required, will help them to make an informed and educated decision on their purchase or engagement with your posting.
If you don’t include images with your Craigslist post, this may come across as a warning sign to potential viewers, who may simply assume you’re trying to hide some fault or obvious negative detail from them. Of course, not all Craigslist postings will require images, such as job postings and the like. Nevertheless, if you have relevant pictures or images, we suggest you do indeed include them in your Craigslist posting to maximize your chances of success with the listing.