If you’re having difficulties reading large text or viewing a zoomed-in image on a web page in Google Chrome, you have the option of adjusting the size of the website content using Chrome’s Zoom option. Here are three quick and easy ways you can zoom out in Google Chrome with little effort:
- In Google Chrome, click the Menu icon (three vertical lines in the upper-right corner).
- Here, you will see the Zoom option, along with the current percentage.
- To zoom out, simply press the minus icon next to Zoom. You can zoom out up to 50% of the original size.
Using keyboard shortcuts
You can also zoom out on a page in Google Chrome by pressing the associated keyboard shortcuts for your operating system:
- Windows: Press and hold the “Ctrl” key and the “-” key.
- Mac: Press and hold the “Command” key and the “-” key
Note: You can easily return the zoom to its original value by pressing the “Control” or “Command” key and the “0” key at the same time.
Using a mouse wheel
If you use a mouse that has a scroll wheel, you can also use that wheel to zoom out of a page in Google Chrome. Simply hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard while moving the scroll wheel down (backwards) in order to zoom out.
Note: You can zoom back in using all of the methods mentioned above. All you have to do is replace the minus sign (“-” key) with the plus sign (“+” key).