It should come as no surprise to you to hear that Minecraft is one of the world’s most popular games. Not only is it family friendly, offering obsessively-addictive world-building in first-person, so too is it constantly evolving. It seems like Microsoft just cannot stop building new content, game modes, styles, tools, and materials into the Minecraft universe, and as such, the game is absolutely rife with updates.
Possible to play on your Xbox, via Java, on your Nintendo Switch, your TV, or your computer, there is, perhaps more than any other game, a real compulsion to keep Minecraft up-to-date. Normally, of course, the game would automatically detect newly released updates and patches, downloading and installing them as and when they become available, allowing you to simply turn on, log in, and play to your heart’s content.
And yet, we all know that sometimes, for one reason or another, your PC misses an update. Maybe it failed to find one, perhaps it found one and yet did not automatically install it. And now you’ve started up Minecraft, excited to play alongside your friends in the totally fresh, totally new game-type which you’ve been getting hyped about for months, and… where is it? Everything looks like it did last time! You suddenly realize that something’s up, and Minecraft hasn’t updated.
Well, fear not! It is really, really simple to update Minecraft manually on Windows 10. All you have to do is follow the below instructions:
Manually Updating Minecraft for Windows 10
- Firstly, it’s good to remember that Minecraft should automatically update whenever a new update is released, meaning that you shouldn’t often have to resort to updating manually. However, if you do want to make sure you’re not missing any updates, or you know you are, and you want to get it/them, start by navigating to the Windows Start Menu by clicking the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of your computer screen.
- Navigate to the Windows Store either by clicking the Store icon under the ‘Explore’ section of the menu, or scrolling down to Windows Store in your list of apps.
- Once in the Store, click the three grey ‘See more’ dots in the upper-right hand corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select Downloads and updates.
- You will be navigated to a list of all the apps you have recently used. Click the blue Get updates button. The Microsoft Store will now search for all the updates available for you and your apps, including those for Minecraft. Once it has discovered the update you’ve been missing on Minecraft for Windows 10, click on the update to begin the installation process.
And there you have it! With just a few quick and easy clicks, you can ensure that Minecraft for your Windows 10 PC is always as up-to-date as it possibly can be, meaning that you have endless hours of premium playing time ahead of you. Now go! Get playing!