At the beginning of this year, Houseparty quickly became one of the most downloaded video chat apps, allowing users to join different chat sessions and connect with their friends and family in a more interesting and unique way. However, as with most newer applications, Houseparty experienced plenty of ups and downs during this period, which is thankfully being taken care of through constant updates.
Apart from bug fixes that improve the user experiences, recent updates might also come with new games and interesting features, which is why you might be interested in getting the newest version of the application. If that’s the case, here are a few ways you could update Houseparty, depending on the type of app you’re currently using:
Using a mobile device
If you’re using the Houseparty app on your tablet or mobile phone, you can easily update it through the appropriate Store. Here’s how:
- On your mobile device, open the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- In the search bar, type in Houseparty, and then hit Enter.
- Tap on Houseparty to open.
- Finally, press the Update button to upgrade your app to the newest version.
Using a Mac computer
In case you downloaded Houseparty on your Mac computer through the App Store, you can update it by using the steps below:
- Load the App Store on your computer, usually by pressing the appropriate icon in the dock.
- Next, press the Updates button at the top.
- Here, look for Houseparty, and then press the Update tab next to it. You could also decide to press the Update All tab at the top to upgrade all apps on your device, including Houseparty.
- Finally, type in your Apple ID and password in the following window, and then press Sign In to start the upgrade.
Using Google Chrome
If you’re using the Houseparty Chrome extension, on the other hand, you can easily update it by following the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Type chrome://extensions into the URL bar, and hit the Enter key. Here, you will see a list of your currently installed Chrome extensions.
- Next, press the Developer Mode tab in the upper-right corner.
- Here, select the Update Extensions Now option. All of your Google Chrome extensions will now be updated, including Houseparty.
No matter which version of the Houseparty application you are currently using, one of the three methods described above will hopefully allow you to update it in a matter of minutes.