Whether your PS4’s Spotify app is linked to someone else’s account, or you’ve sold your PS4 without first unlinking your own Spotify account from it, we’re here to help.
To learn how to unlink Spotify from PS4 in a few simple steps, follow one of our quick step-by-step tutorials below. For all other information, or if you have further questions on the matter, please direct your attention to our FAQ section at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
- Open up your preferred web browser on a desktop or laptop computer (preferably, though any browser on any device will do)
- Navigate to the Spotify Account web page, and once there, sign into your Spotify account with your Spotify account credentials
- Once on the Account homepage, scroll down and locate ‘Log Out Everywhere’
- Lastly, click the button labelled ‘Log Out Everywhere’
- Note: It may take up to a couple of hours to successfully finish logging your Spotify account out of all linked devices (including your PS4)
- Return to your PS4 and open the Spotify app; you should find that your account (or whoever’s was previously logged in/linked) has successfully been “unlinked”
- You can now log back in with your desired account, by using that account’s credentials (or, of course, you can leave Spotify and your PS4 unlinked)
- Power up your PS4 and use your PS4 Dualshock controller to log into your PS4 profile
- Scroll along through the tabs of our PS4 Homepage until you locate the Spotify app thumbnail
- Note: You may have to find your App Library and open this first, before you find your Spotify app
- Tap ‘X’ to open the Spotify application
- Once Spotify has successfully launched (already logged in to the linked account), use your controller’s D-Pad or Left Thumbstick to first navigate UP and then navigate along to the RIGHT until you reach the linked account name and profile picture.
- Tap ‘X’ on the username/picture to bring up a new menu of options
- Locate and then tap ‘X’ on the option ‘Log Out’
- You have successfully unlinked this Spotify account from your PS4’s Spotify app
- You can now close the application and restart it, and sign back in with your preferred account, to re-link Spotify and your PS4, should you wish to.
And that’s all there is to it! Two quick and easy ways to unlink Spotify (accounts) from PS4. Thanks for reading. If you have any further questions or would like some more information on the subject, please check out our FAQs below.
PlayStations today can host a variety of apps, from YouTube and other TV and movie streaming services to game apps, video players, and photo apps. One of the more well-known apps you can install and use on a PlayStation 4 (PS4) is Spotify.
Spotify is the world’s premier music streaming service, available online or as an app that is available on mobile, tablet, desktop, or console. Through Spotify, you can stream almost all of the world’s music, right there on your PlayStation.
You could be playing a game whilst listening to your favorite tunes, or simply make good use of your TV’s sound system by playing music through Spotify on the PS4 when you have guests around, say.
When you open the PS4 Spotify app, however, you will need to sign in to an existing Spotify account first, before you’re able to use it. Whatever account you sign into will be “linked” to your PS4’s Spotify, until you sign out of it.
When we say “unlink” Spotify, we don’t mean actually uninstalling or somehow deleting the app from your PlayStation. Instead, we mean “unlinking” the Spotify account which is currently linked to your PS4.
There are myriad reasons you would want to unlink your Spotify account from your PS4. For one, perhaps it’s not your Spotify account! If you set up Spotify when a friend was around, or you inherited your PlayStation from an older sibling (for example) then it could easily be the case that the Spotify on your PS4 is not linked to your Spotify account.
In such a situation, it seems obvious that you’d want to “unlink” Spotify from your PS4 so that you could then log back in with your own account, and thus access your own music.
Alternatively, of course, it could be the case that you sold your PS4 on, without first remembering to log out/unlink your Spotify. And no one wants a stranger to have full, unfettered access to their personal, private music Library!
Whatever your reason for wanting to unlink Spotify from your PS4, we’re here to show you how to do it. All you need to do is follow our step-by-step tutorials above.
Of course! In fact, it wouldn’t make much sense to unlink Spotify from your PS4 if you couldn’t then “re-link” it with a new account. Usually, the reason for “unlinking” Spotify from PS4 is so that you can go and log back in with your preferred account. Thus, it’s very possible.
To do so, you simply need to close and reopen the Spotify application on your PS4 (you could even uninstall and reinstall it if you find this first method doesn’t work straight away). You will then, having unlinked the previous account, be asked to sign in to Spotify with a Spotify account.
Use this opportunity to “link” your PS4 Spotify app with your desired Spotify account.