For some people, it is not completely clear how the Tor Browser works and how to remove it from your computer. The program is set up so that you can just simply remove the folder of the Tor Browser and you have just uninstalled the Tor Browser completely. Without leaving any trace.
The browser also doesn’t use any of the operating system Uninstall programs. By not using this, there is no other software or settings affected by uninstalling.
How to remove the Tor Browser from your computer on Windows 10
- Find the location of the Tor Browser. The default installation of the Tor Browser is on the desktop.
- Click the right mouse button on the Tor folder and choose ‘Delete’.
- Optional: Find the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop and right click on it. Select ‘Empty recycle bin’ to permanently remove everything in the Recycle Bin, including the Tor Browser.
How to remove the Tor browser on your Mac
- Open the Finder tool
- Select applications on the left side of the screen
- Drag the Tor Browser application to the Trash
Easy removal of the Tor Browser
As you can see, the removal of the Tor Browser is not very hard. You just have to delete the installation folder. You won’t find the Tor Browser in your Windows application list or in any other program overview. This is done by design so that using the Tor Browser does not leave any traces or information of its use on your computer. After deleting the Tor Browser folder you can also safely delete the shortcuts from your desktop.
If you did use a Tor Browser package or some kind of bundled software that did not come from the official Tor website you should look for an uninstaller for that package. Usually, you can find this in the Control Panel.
We hope that our guide helped you with the uninstall from your computer. If you still have any questions, please let us know!