The Tor browser is one of the best ways you could completely hide your identity and surf the web with full anonymity and protection, which might explain the browser’s widespread popularity. However, considering the fact that Tor has often been described as too slow for regular internet use, it could be one of the reasons why you might want to remove it from your computer and search for a better alternative.
Whether it’s the slow speeds or simply the need for more space on your device, here is how you could uninstall the Tor browser when using a Windows 7 computer:
Uninstalling Tor on Widows 7
The Tor browser is not normally installed on a device using the regular method, as is the case with most programs and applications. For this reason, the process for uninstalling Tor could be as simple as locating the Tor Browser directory on your computer, and completely deleting all relevant files, including emptying the Recycle Bin.
However, if you have downloaded Tor’s available bundle, you might need to follow the usual uninstalling method. Here’s how:
- Open the Start menu, and then click on Control Panel.
- Here, select the Programs and Features option.
- In the following list, located any apps related to Tor.
- Press on one app, choose the Change/Remove option, and then confirm.
- Repeat the last step for all relevant apps.
- Next, click the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- When a new window opens up, enter ’regedit’ and then click the Enter key.
- In the Edit tab, choose the Find feature.
- Enter the word ‘tor’ into the search bar. If you find any relevant keys, delete all of them.
And that’s it! Uninstalling Tor from your Windows 7 device is an incredibly quick and easy process, thanks to the handy guide described above.