Whatever your reason for hiding that song in the first place, or for even hiding an entire artist, if you want to ‘unhide’ it/them, and thus give yourself the option to listen to the music once more, then you can do so easily, with just a few taps. Follow our tutorial below to learn how.
For more information and any other queries, see our FAQs below.
Note: The function to hide and unhide songs is exclusive to the mobile versions of the Spotify app, and will not work (no matter how hard you try) on the desktop version. Sorry!
Table of Contents
How to unhide a song/artist on Spotify
- Open up the Spotify app on your mobile or tablet device, and if prompted, sign in
- Locate the previously hidden music (it’ll be clear which songs/artists are hidden as they will appear in faded grey text, rather than white, and nothing will happen when you tap on them (as you normally would play a song/artist)
- If you can’t see your hidden songs in a playlist, ensure you have the option to see them toggled. On Android, head to Settings > Playback > Show unplayable songs. On iOS, head to Settings > Playback > Hide Unplayable Songs.
- Tap the three vertical dots to the right of the hidden song/artist, and then tap ‘Hidden’ or ‘Allow to play this’
- You have successfully unhidden the song/artist on Spotify and can enjoy listening to it/them again immediately!
And there you have it! It really is as easy as that. A few taps and you can unhide any previously hidden music.
For additional information or queries, see our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
What is Spotify?
Spotify is the world’s largest and most popular streaming service for music, though it also caters to podcast listeners, too. Available as an app for the PC, Apple, and Android mobile phones and tablets, it attracts millions and millions of unique users every day, from all around the world.
Why would I want to hide or unhide a song on Spotify?
Hiding or unhiding songs and artists is a really useful means of ensuring that you never have to listen to a song you don’t want to, or even ensure you can’t accidentally tap on it. Equally, in Spotify radios, or even in playlists containing the chosen song(s) or artist(s), hiding them will ensure they are never played. Unhiding a song brings it from its hidden state back to normal, so that it can once more be played, included in playlists, and thus enjoyed.
If I unhide a song on Spotify, can I re-hide it later?
Yes, there is no limit to the amount of times you can interact with a song or artist in this way.
Can I hide or unhide songs on the Spotify desktop app?
Unfortunately not. Keeping in trend with Spotify’s seeming inability to merge the functionalities of their desktop and mobile app versions, there is no way to hide songs or artists on the desktop app, like there is on the mobile. Similarly, any songs or artists hidden on your Spotify account via the mobile app, will not be hidden when you next use Spotify on your desktop app. Frustrating, we know.