Among a wide array of different options and features on Facebook, the platform also provides you with the opportunity to block certain people from messaging you, seeing your comments and posts, and interacting with you in any other way. This could be quite a helpful tool, especially when it comes to Facebook users who are annoying, spamming, or even harassing you.
However, sometimes you might block someone by accident or due to a misunderstanding, or you simply might have changed your mind about a certain user. In those instances, here is how you can unblock a Facebook user you’ve previously blocked, using an Android phone or tablet:
Unblocking a Facebook user on Android
If you wish to unblock a Facebook user while on an Android device, simply follow these steps:
- Tap on the Facebook application on your device and sign in if necessary.
- On the homepage, press the hamburger menu (three vertical lines) at the top.
- Here, choose Privacy & Settings, and then go to Settings.
- On the Settings page, locate the Privacy section, and then press Blocking.
- Now, you will see a list containing all of the users you previously blocked on Facebook.
- To unblock a certain person, simply press the Unblock tab located next to their name.
- Finally, click on Unblock once again to confirm, and the person in question will be removed from your Blocked list.
Note: Keep in mind that Facebook users are automatically removed from your list of friends once you block them. This means that you might need to send a friend request to the person you’ve just unblocked if you wish to be friends with them on Facebook.
What’s more, remember that you won’t have the opportunity to block the same user once again within the next couple of days after unblocking.
And that’s it; unblocking a Facebook user on your Android device is as simple as completing a few quick steps.