DISH is one of America’s most popular television providers, delivering over 320 much-beloved channels to the American viewing public. As with any modern television subscription service, with a DVR box you can record all of your very favorite DISH shows to watch later on your TV.
But in today’s world of fast, pocket-sized and accessible technology, that’s understandably not enough for some folks. There are plenty of people out there wondering if it would be possible to watch their DISH recordings on their phone. Or, even better, transfer DISH DVR recordings to their Android device to watch on the go, anywhere, anytime.
To learn how to transfer DISH DVR recordings to Android, simply follow our step-by-step tutorial. For any other information, or if you have further questions, see our brief FAQ section below.
Table of Contents
How to transfer DISH DVR recordings to Android
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store
- Tap the search bar at the top of the Play Store home screen
- Using your keyboard, type in ‘DISH Anywhere’ and tap ‘Search’
- Tap on the DISH Anywhere app and hit ‘Download’ or ‘Install’
- Once DISH Anywhere is successfully installed, tap on it to open it
- Log into DISH Anywhere with your DISH account information (username and password)
- From the home screen of the DISH app, select DVR
- On the DVR screen of the DISH Anywhere app, tap to bring down the drop-down menu
- From the drop-down menu, select RECORDINGS
- You will now be presented with a full list of all of the DVR recordings made through your DISH TV DVR box; select the one you wish to transfer to your Android
- You can now select ‘Watch’, ‘Delete’, or ‘Transfer’. Select ‘Transfer’
- Finally, hit ‘OK’ and wait for the transfer to complete
- You will now be able to watch this DISH DVR recording on your Android offline anywhere and anytime, by searching for it in your documents or watching it offline on the DISH app
And there you have it! 13 simple steps which will help you to transfer any DISH recording you’ve made onto your Android phone. Happy watching!
What is DISH?
DISH is a popular American television provider and internet television subscription service with over 320 channels which users can record shows from to their DVRs.
Can you transfer DISH DVR recordings to Android from anywhere?
Yes! You don’t need to be at home or near your DVR box to transfer DISH DVR recordings to your Android. You just need the DISH Anywhere app, a secure internet connection, and your DISH credentials (username and password).
Can anyone transfer DISH DVR recordings to their Android phone?
Only DISH users and subscribers with access to their login details (username and password) can access their DVR recordings (and thus transfer them to their phone) via the DISH Anywhere app.