Apart from being one of the biggest social media platforms today, Facebook has also become a brilliant way to network and contact friends, family, or even business partners with a couple of simple clicks. However, this also means that you need to go through the Facebook application on your device each time you want to track any of your contacts.
One solution to this issue is to sync the contacts from your Facebook account with the contacts on your Android phone or tablet, allowing you to have all the information in one convenient place. Here are some ways you can achieve just that:
Table of Contents
Method 1: Uploading contacts from your phone to Facebook
If you want to sync your contacts by connecting the information you have on your Android device with the Facebook app, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and sign in if necessary.
- On the Facebook homescreen, tap the hamburger menu (three vertical lines).
- From here, select Settings & Privacy, and then go to Settings.
- Scroll down until you find the Media and Contacts section. Here, click on Upload Contacts.
- Finally, simply tap the slider next to ‘Upload Contacts’ to switch it on.
The contacts from your Android device will now start uploading onto Facebook. This will allow you to find new friends on Facebook or chat through the Messenger app with your existing contacts.
Method 2: Syncing Facebook contacts in settings
In case you have an older version of the Facebook application or your device is running on an older Android update, you might have the option of syncing Facebook contacts with your device through settings. Here’s how:
- If you don’t already have the Facebook app installed on your device, download it and sign in to your account.
- Next, open the Settings app on your device. It can usually be found on the homescreen or in the app drawer.
- Here, look for the Accounts & Sync setting, and then open it once found. This setting could also be called Accounts or Users & Accounts on certain devices.
- On the following screen, tap on Accounts. If your Facebook account is not already there, press Add Account and sign in with your Facebook log-in information.
- Once your Facebook account appears in the Accounts list, select it to open.
- Finally, press Sync Contacts and then choose the Sync Now option. Your Facebook contacts will then be uploaded to your Android device.
Note: As Facebook has recently changed its settings, this option most likely won’t be available if you have a newer Android device. In that case, follow the method below.
Method 3: Syncing Facebook contacts through a third-party app
If you don’t see the ‘Sync’ option in your device’s settings, this means that you will have to download a third-party application in order to sync all of your contacts.
Of the most suitable apps for achieving this, which is currently available on the Play Store, is CoSy for Facebook. Here’s how it works:
- Open the Play Store on your Android device. Search for CoSy for Facebook, and then download the app.
- Once the app is installed, open CoSy for Facebook and sign in to your Facebook account.
- The CoSy app will then go through all of your Facebook contacts, and upload them one by one. Once it’s done, it will scan your device for contacts as well. Then, the app will attempt to automatically sync your contacts as best as it possibly can.
- If the app correctly identified a pairing, all you need to do is tick the box next to it to confirm the action. The contact in question will then be synced.
And that’s it! Although you might need to take some additional steps in order to combine all of your contact information, one of the methods described above will hopefully allow you to sync your Facebook contacts with your Android device in a matter of minutes.