Elevate your WhatsApp game with a few simple tricks, such as sending and creating stickers, bringing a personalized, funny injection of life into your group and personal chats.
To learn how to send stickers on WhatsApp, just follow our step-by-step instructions below. For all other information, and if you have any additional queries, please see our FAQs at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
How to send stickers on WhatsApp
- Open the WhatsApp app on your mobile/tablet/desktop device, and sign into your account if necessary
- Next, open up a chat with someone you’d like to send a sticker to (even as a tester)
- Tap the textbox at the bottom of the chat to open up your keyboard
- Next, tap the smiley face icon to the left of the text chat
- Now, along the bottom of the screen you’ll see three icons – smiley face, ‘GIF’ and a rounded square with a corner peeling away (like a sticker). This last one is the ‘Sticker’ icon, tap it now
- You’ll now see various groups of stickers which you have available to you, as well as those which you’ve favourited (if any). Scroll through them by swiping left and right, or by tapping their group icon.
- You can add additional sticker packs to your WhatsApp sticker panel by tapping the (+) sign in the top-right of the sticker panel
- From here, scroll through the free packs available, and when you’ve found one you want, download it by tapping the download icon to the right of it
- Tap the back arrow, and you’ll see that your new sticker pack has been added to your collection
- To send a sticker, simply tap on it, and it will be immediately sent to your chat
- To delete an accidentally sent sticker, simply tap and hold on it (in the chat window), and select the trash can/bin icon up at the top of the page, and then select ‘Delete for everyone’
And there you have it! Learn how to send stickers on WhatsApp in no time at all with our handy tutorial. For any additional information, or if you have any other queries, see our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
What are WhatsApp stickers?
WhatsApp, one of the world’s leading chat messaging services, beloved by millions for the ability to chat with groups of friends, or just individuals, to send music, GIFs, videos, voice notes, or to video or phone call all via the app.
And here’s the thing: chat messages don’t have to be plain old boring text-based messages. Of course, we all know about emojis/emoticons, and the ability they give us to add a little imagery and color to our messages, whilst elevating the meaning of the message at the same time.
But what about stickers? Stickers provide, when compared to emojis, a whole new level of messaging. Stickers are much more detailed illustrations, with almost no limitation to the variety available to you. Whether you choose to send stickers celebrating LGBTQ+ Pride month, celebrating your football team’s latest victory (or commiserating their defeat), or you choose something you simply find funny, the options are endless.
You can even create and send stickers that look like you!
Why would I want to send stickers on WhatsApp?
If you’ve spent a bit of time on WhatsApp, then you’ll know just how interactive it can be. It takes simple text-based messaging to an entirely new level, helping you to keep up to date with friends and family in an ever more involved fashion.
But if you’ve spent any time on WhatsApp, you’ll also know that you can fast become overwhelmed by the sheer number of words coming at you from all angles. You’re not alone, it’s the same for everyone, and can be especially overwhelming in today’s fast-paced, increasingly neurotic world.
With stickers, you can inject a little brightness, kindness, and colorful energy into your chats, not only brightening up your day, but also the message recipients. Stickers are a quick, fun, and convenient way to convey meaning, support, accord, or disagreement without having to write paragraph after paragraph of text in reply.
What kind of stickers can I send on WhatsApp?
As we’ve already said, there is honestly almost no limit to the kind of stickers you can send on WhatsApp. The sheer variety is quite staggering. Essentially, any topic or emotion you wish to cover or convey can be found in a sticker pack.
Since stickers can be created and uploaded to the sticker market by other WhatsApp users (much like Story/Reels filters on Instagram), there’s technically a limitless supply of creative inspiration to draw from, too! Some are even animated.
And as we say, you can even create your own personalized stickers to wow your friends.
How do I create my own stickers, or stickers of my face?
You can actually make your own stickers for use on WhatsApp by downloading and using the (free) third-party app Sticker Maker on your phone. Use Sticker Maker to create custom stickers of your and your friends, pets, and random objects from photos you’ve got in your Camera Roll or Gallery, and then import these to WhatsApp via the ‘Add to WhatsApp’ button in the app.
Back on WhatsApp, you’ll see these stickers available for use when you next go to the sticker tab in a chat.