Looking at your activity history on most major social media platforms tends to be a simple and straightforward process and an easily accessible option. Instagram, on the other hand, likes to complicate the matter.
But even though it may seem like the posts you’ve interacted with on Instagram are lost forever, there’s still a place within the app where you can find the photos and videos you previously liked, with just a couple of extra steps.
How to find previously liked posts on Instagram
If you want to find the pictures and videos you recently liked on Instagram, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone or tablet, and log into your account.
- Next, tap on your profile icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Press the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner) and then select Settings.
- From the list of available settings, choose Account.
- Scroll down, and tap Posts You’ve Liked near the bottom of the menu. Here, you will see a list of the photos and videos you previously liked, starting with the most recent ones.
Note: To view a post in its full size, along with all its details, simply tap on a post from the list to open it. If you wish to remove a certain post from this list, you can also tap the red heart button to unlike the post in question.
Limitations of the ‘Posts you’ve liked’ option
Although you have the option of revisiting previously liked photos and videos, you will only be able to see the 300 most recent posts using this method. While this might be enough for most Instagram users, others could find it nearly impossible to locate any older posts.
The good news is that all of your likes are stored in the ‘Posts you’ve liked’ section, whether you liked a post on the Instagram app or website. However, you can only access your liked posts using the Instagram mobile app, as of yet.
What’s more, if you only comment on an Instagram post, without liking it as well, there’s no straightforward way of finding the post in question in case you lose it. To that end, it might be a good idea to like or even save an Instagram post you comment on if you ever want to revisit it again.