Are you concerned about how many friends can see your location on the Snap Map? Are you just curious? Or are you on a total vanity trip? Whatever your reason for wanting to see how many friends you have on Snapchat, we’re not here to judge, we’re only here to inform!
To learn how to work out how many friends you have on Snapchat, since unlike Instagram or Twitter the number isn’t readily displayed for you to see, just follow our simple tutorial below. For any additional information, or if you have any further unanswered queries once you’ve followed our instructions, please see our FAQs at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
- Frequently asked questions
How to see how many friends you have on Snapchat via the Snap Map
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile or tablet device, and log into your account if necessary
- Next, navigate to the ‘Snap Map’ via the location icon in the bottom-left of your homescreen
- From here, tap the ‘Settings’ gear-shaped icon in the top-right
- If you haven’t already, enable location sharing (and if a pop-up pops up on your device asking you to grant or allow Snapchat access to your Location, tap ‘Allow’ or ‘OK’)
- Next, from the options presented to you, choose to share your location with ‘My Friends’ (meaning all of your Snapchat friends)
- Now, head back to the Snap Map, and below the map you’ll read “Sharing location with [?] friends”. The total number of Snapchat friends you have will be displayed here, replacing the [?] in that phrase
- Now that you’ve worked out how many Snapchat friends you have, feel free to disable location sharing (by enabling ‘Ghost Mode’) in the Snap Map settings, or curating the list of friends you share your location with in the same settings section
And there you have it! It’s a bit of a roundabout process, but this way you can quickly and easily see exactly how many Snapchat friends you have.
For any additional information, or to learn more about the process, please do read our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
Why would I want to see how many friends I have on Snapchat?
This is a question only you can really answer. There is a number of reasons why you might want to see how many friends you have on Snapchat. Maybe you only use the app to connect with, say, 30 people and would like to see how many more than that you have as friends so that you can cull the list appropriately.
Maybe you enjoy location sharing on Snapchat but are concerned as to how many people can see your location at any one time. Maybe, just maybe, you’re on a vanity trip, and simply want to know how popular you are… Hey, we’re not here to judge!
Whatever your reason for doing so, you can learn how to see how many friends you have on Snapchat in just a few taps by following our step-by-step guide above.
Can other people see how many friends I have on Snapchat?
They most certainly can, unless you choose not to let them. If you visit a friend’s profile, you’ll see that you’re able to see the number of friends they have right there on their profile, provided that 1) you are indeed Snapchat friends with them, and 2) they’ve set their settings to enable friends to see this number.
Likewise, your privacy is up to you, and if you don’t want other people (other than yourself) to know the magic number, simply head to your privacy settings and change them up until you’re comfortable with what you are, and aren’t showing.
Can I see exactly who each of my Snapchat friends are?
Yes, you most certainly can. The best way to do this involves the same steps we take to find out the number of our friends in the first place. Head to the Snap Map, and then go to the ‘Settings’. From here, you can choose to not display your location at all, display it to ‘My Friends’, ‘My Friends, Except…’ or ‘Only These Friends…’
Select ‘Only These Friends…’ You’ll be directed to a list of all of your Snapchat contacts. Thus, you’ll be able to see exactly who each of your Snapchat friends are. Moreover, you can also now curate the list of those who your location is displayed to – whether that’s 1 friend, or 1,000 friends.
Is there a limit to the number of friends I can have on Snapchat?
Yes, however, it’s a pretty generous limit. Currently, you’re allowed up to 5,000 friends and contacts on Snapchat – double the previous limit of 2,500. Certainly, there are professionals, creatives, influencers, and individuals who profit from the use of Snapchat, and for them, the 5,000 limit may actually need to be enforced.
However, for the majority of us, let’s not kid ourselves. 5,000 friends is way too many to keep up with, and not a number we’ll ever really need to contend with. Essentially, you’ll never have to worry about a limit on the number of friends you can have on Snapchat, since you’re never likely going to reach the said limit.