If you use Google Calendar, chances are you’ve overlooked or simply ignored the Print option if you didn’t have the need to physically print out a copy of your schedule. However, this feature can do much more than just open a print dialog box.
Among other options, you can also choose to save your Calendar page as a PDF file here, whether it’s your daily itinerary, weekly schedule, or a wider date range. Here’s how to do it:
Saving Google Calendar as a PDF file
- Using your computer, go to calendar.google.com. Once the page loads, sign in to your Google account if you haven’t already.
- In the upper-right corner of your Calendar page, you will see a Week drop-down menu.
- From this menu, you will have the option to choose which date range you would like to save (Day, Week, Month or Year) as well a few additional options.
- Once you choose a date range, the Calendar will automatically display the updated choice.
- To save the Calendar as a PDF file, simply click on Settings (gear icon in the upper-right corner).
- From the displayed options, select Print.
- A pop-up window will now appear, with the Print Preview of the Calendar page. Here, you can do some additional customization, such as changing the date range, font size, orientation (portrait or landscape), and even the color and style of your Calendar page.
- After the page has been customized to your preference, click the blue Print
- A new pop-up window will appear, most likely suggesting your printer as the destination, if you are connected to one.
- To save your Calendar, instead of printing it, click on the drop-down menu next to Destination, and choose to Save as PDF from the listed options.
- Next, click on the blue Save button at the bottom.
- A pop-up window will now appear, where you can enter the name of your PDF file, and choose a destination where it will be saved. After you’ve finished, simply click Save.
- Your Google Calendar will now be downloaded and saved in the chosen folder on your computer.
As you can see, saving your Google Calendar as a PDF file is a surprisingly quick and easy process, although the option might not be as clear and apparent as preferred for most users.