Ever since Google first included the support for GIF images in the Android OS, many applications have been taking advantage of this feature, including popular social media and texting apps. What’s more, GIFs have also become an essential part of most keyboard applications, thus making them a new standard of communication.
But considering the fact that none of these apps allow you to directly download their GIFs, here’s how you can find and save GIF images to your Android device using Google Images:
Searching and downloading GIFs
Among other image file formats, you can also use Google to not only find different kinds of GIF images, but also directly download them to your Android phone or tablet. Here’s how:
- Open Google Chrome on your phone, and go to Google Images search. Alternatively, you could also use the Google App for searching, as well as a Google search bar widget, if you have it on your Android homescreen.
- In the Google Images search bar, type in the specific name or type of GIF image that you would like to download. Make sure the word “GIF” is typed after the name.
For example, if you want to find a GIF image of a flower, you should type “flower GIF” into the search bar.
- Once you’ve entered your search into the search bar, scroll through the image results until you find a GIF image you like.
- Now, tap on your preferred GIF image to preview it.
- After the GIF image has loaded, press and hold it until a pop-up window appears. Then, tap on Download image.
- The GIF image will now be saved into the default download destination. You can find it in your Gallery app, or in the Downloads folder.
Note: If you wish, you can now tap on the Share icon, and freely use your new GIF in a number of different apps, including Instagram and WhatsApp.
As you can see, with just a quick Google search, and a couple of simple clicks, you can now effortlessly download and share your favorite GIFs with your Android device.