Facebook is a brilliant platform for sharing content with your friends and family, especially when it comes to photos. And with multiple upload and tagging options, it’s easier than ever to upload a whole set of pictures at once, allowing you to quickly and easily share wonderful memories.
However, sometimes you’ll find that one of your photos gets uploaded incorrectly, whether it’s due to a software glitch or simply because you were in a hurry. Thankfully, that’s one small mistake that can easily be solved, even on Facebook. Here’s how:
How to rotate a picture already uploaded to Facebook
Facebook gives you several options for editing and customizing photos and albums, and one of those choices is to rotate a photo that was accidentally uploaded sideways. Just follow the steps below to rotate an uploaded picture on Facebook:
- Open Facebook on your computer and sign into your account, if necessary.
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen.
- From there, click on the Photos link, right under your profile photo. Then, open the album that contains the picture you wish to edit.
- Now, open the picture that was uploaded sideways.
- Click on the three dots icon on the right-hand side, next to your name. A drop-down menu will then appear, where you can choose to Rotate Left or Rotate Right.
- After you’ve rotated the picture to the correct position, the changes will be automatically saved.
Note: Keep in mind that this option is only available on the desktop version of Facebook, as of yet.
How to rotate a picture before uploading it to Facebook
If you’re using a mobile device and aren’t able to rotate your pictures in the Facebook app, or you simply want to rotate your images beforehand to ensure they upload correctly, here’s how you can do just that:
- On your computer, open the folder that contains the photo that you wish to rotate.
- Once you’ve located the image, right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will then appear, where you can choose to Rotate Right or Rotate Left (or clockwise and counterclockwise).
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Photos app, and locate the image you wish to rotate.
- Open the photo you wish to rotate, and then tap the Edit button in the top-right corner.
- Next, tap on the rotate icon in the bottom banner to edit the image, and rotate it using the second rotate icon at the top of the screen.
- After you’ve finished editing, simply press Done.
- On your Android device, open your default gallery app. In most cases, that will be Google Photos.
- Select the photo you wish to rotate.
- To edit the image, tap the filter icon at the bottom, and then tap on the rotate icon.
- Then, rotate the image to your liking, and press Done after you’ve finished editing.
Whether you want to edit your images before posting them online, or even tweak a few photos after uploading them to Facebook, this helpful guide will allow you to rotate your photos in just a few easy steps.