If you want to start fresh with your Sonos speaker(s) setup you can try to completely reset your Sonos speaker. It is not very difficult and everybody should be able to do this.
If you sell or lend out your Sonos speaker it is a good idea to wipe out all existing data and configurations. Follow this guide to reset your Sonos speaker to the factory defaults.
To reset the Sonos speaker you need to use the play/pause button. For some newer models, you need to use the join button. In this list, you can find out for each model which button you need to use.
What button do I need to press to reset my Sonos speaker?
- Play one: use the play/pause button
- Play 1: use the play/pause button
- Play 3: use the play/pause button
- Play 5 gen 1: use the play/pause button
- Play 5 gen 2: use the join button
- Sub: use the join button
- Playbar: use the play/pause button
- Playbase: use the join button
- Beam: use the join button
How to factory reset your Sonos speaker
- Unplug the power cord of your Sonos speaker
- Hold the play/pause (or join, see list above) button and plug the power cord back in
- Hold the button until the orange light begins to flashes (approximately 30 seconds)
- Finish the reset by waiting till the light flashes green
If you follow this procedure you will lose all settings configured on to the speakers. Such as all the music streaming services you have added and your Sonos login.