Google’s Chromecast is an incredibly useful device that allows you to directly project different types of media onto your TV from any other smart gadget or device you might be using. And even though this handy tool usually performs quite well, sometimes it might encounter some issues, and slowing down or even freezing during the procedure.
Whether you’re facing this exact difficulty at the moment, or you simply want to link a different router to this same device, the best course of action would be to try resetting the Chromecast and revert it back to its original settings. Here’s how you can do just that:
With the Chromecast device itself
The quickest way you could reset the Chromecast is by utilizing the device itself. Just follow the steps below:
- Find the rounded button that’s located beside the charging port on your device.
- Then, click and hold onto this button for a couple of seconds, or till you notice lights have started flashing on your device.
- Now, pull out the connected cable from the port, and hold for a couple of seconds before you put it back in.
- The procedure for resetting your Chromecast will now be finished.
Through the Google Home application
In case you have Google’s Home application installed on your tablet or smartphone, you could also utilize this app in order to reset the Chromecast device:
- Load the Google Home application on your tablet or smartphone.
- Click on the Account tab (profile icon) in the lower-right part of the page.
- Here, click on the ‘X local devices’ tab.
- Now, locate the Chromecast that you’d like to reset, and click on it.
- Press the Settings symbol, and then click on the three horizontal dots at the top.
- Here, choose the Reset option, and then press once again in order to confirm.
- The Chromecast will now be reverted back to its original settings.
And that’s it! Whether you’d like to utilize another smart device, or simply use Chromecast itself, you now know how to quickly and easily reset the device, and bring it back to its original settings.