Even though Instagram is a platform that focuses on creativity and individuality, not all Posts on this app need to be entirely original. Actually, some of the most popular accounts on the platform are solely committed to posting other people’s content, in an effort to boost young artists and creators, for instance.
However, if you want to repost someone else’s content onto your own Instagram Feed, keep in mind that having their permission is an incredibly important aspect. Apart from being rude and even illegal in some places, avoiding this step could also lead to your account ending up blocked or suspended.
But if you have permission from the original poster, and you wish to share their original videos on your own Instagram Feed, here are several ways you can do that, depending on the goal you want to achieve:
Table of Contents
Reposting an Instagram Story you’re tagged in
If another user has tagged you in the Instagram Story they posted, you have the option of reposting that same video to your own IG Story. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open your Messages – When a person tags you in their Story, Instagram will then send you a notification automatically. Simply open your Messages by clicking on the “paper airplane” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and you will see the new message notifying you of the tag in the Story.
- Repost the video to your own Story – Once the notification has been opened, you will then see the Story video you were tagged in, along with the “Add This to Your Story” link. Simply click this link to share the video you were tagged in to your own Instagram Story.
Posting an Instagram Post to your Story
If you saw an interesting video on your Feed or on the Explore Page, you also have the option of sharing that specific post on your Instagram Stories. Here’s how:
- Locate the video in question.
- You will notice three different icons under the post, on the left side. Tap the third icon, the one resembling a paper airplane.
- Now, you will see several sharing options. To post the video to your Instagram Story, simply choose the “Add Post to Your Story” option.
Reposting a video to your Feed using a third-party app
If you want to repost an original Instagram video to your Feed, however, you will have to use a third-party app, as Instagram doesn’t offer that option as of yet.
Although there are numerous apps available on the market specifically designed for Instagram reposting, all of which work in similar ways, we will use the most popular app for the purposes of this article.
An app that is available for download on both Android and iOS, the Repost app integrates directly into the Instagram app, thus allowing you to post original videos from other Instagram users to your own IG Feed. Here’s how it works:
- After you’ve downloaded the Repost app onto your phone, open the Instagram app and log into your account, if necessary.
- Locate the IG video that you wish to repost.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the Post, and then choose Copy Link.
- Next, open the Repost app.
- Tap on the video you’ve just copied. The app should detect the videos that are copied to your clipboard automatically.
- In the toolbar at the bottom, you can make some adjustments if you wish, such as altering the placement of the repost acknowledgement.
- Next, tap Repost.
- Here, you can copy the original caption if you want. Either way, tap Open Instagram next.
- Now, you can adjust the video to your preferences on the Instagram app, whether it’s cropping or adding filters. After you’ve finished editing, tap Next.
- Here, you can paste the caption you copied, write in a new caption, or add hashtags and a location.
- After everything is finished, simply select Share, and the video will then be reposted to your Instagram Feed.
And that’s it! Whether you want to share an Instagram video to your Story or Feed, there’s a quick and simple way to repost videos regardless of your preferences.