If you like thousands of people love creating and sharing playlists on Spotify, then you will occasionally want to adjust or change the name of a playlist. Reasons for this can range from the list evolving over time to you no longer thinking the name works for the vibe you are trying to create. If you’re anything like us though you probably don’t think too much about it until you want to find the list again only to realize you have three lists called “Relaxing”.
Changing the name of a playlist on Spotify is extremely easy. it only takes a few clicks with your mouse or a few taps with your fingers. We will walk you through how to do this firstly on your mobile App and then on a computer.
General housekeeping rule: you can only change the name of a playlist you own or share with a friend. If you follow a playlist then you cannot rename it though you can create a copy of it and rename that.
Renaming a Spotify Playlist on a Computer
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Spotify web player or the App and ensure you are signed in.
- Navigate to the playlist you want to change the name for. You can find your playlists in your library.
- Click the name of the playlist
- A pop-up will appear allowing you to edit details
- Enter the new name where it says name (see image below)
Renaming a Spotify Playlist in the Mobile App
Follow the steps below to rename a playlist in your app:
- Open the app
- Go to your library and navigate to the playlist you want to edit
- Open the playlist
- Tap the ellipsis (three vertical dots) in Under the playlist name
- Select Edit Playlist in the menu that appears
- Tap the name of the list in the window that appears and edit it