When Facebook first rolled out, Poking was one of the most popular features on the platform, symbolizing anything from flirtatious messages to friendly fun. However, many users had issues with the Poking feature, considering it somewhat unpleasant and sinister.
This led to the drop in popularity of this once trendy feature, forcing Facebook to remove it from sight, even though it was clearly visible and easily located up until a few years ago.
However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Poke feature is entirely gone. You can still Poke your friends on Facebook, even while using the mobile app. Here’s how:
Poking your Friends on the Facebook app for Android
Even though you might need to take a couple of additional steps, you still have the option of Poking your Facebook friends on the mobile app by following the steps below:
- Open the Facebook app on your Android device and sign in if necessary.
- On the homepage, press the hamburger menu (three vertical lines) at the top.
- Here, tap on Help & Support, and then select Help Center. You will then be redirected to the help page.
- In the search box at the top of the screen, type in ‘How to poke someone on Facebook’ and then click on the first result that appears.
- In the following post about Poking, you will see a blue ‘poke page’ link. Click on it.
- Now, you will see a list of suggested friends you can Poke. If the friend you want to Poke isn’t on the list, simply type their name into the search box at the top.
- To Poke a friend, just tap the blue Poke button located next to their name and profile picture, and your Poke will be sent.
Although it might be a bit more difficult than it used to be back in the day, Poking is still an available option on Facebook which you could easily find using the guide above.