As PC gaming is often considered to be far superior compared to smartphone alternatives, many gamers prefer this option for their favorite games. However, sometimes it’s still handy to have the ability to play the games you love no matter where you are. For this reason, you might be looking for options that will allow you to play PC games on your smartphone, even if their versions aren’t available for Android.
Thankfully, there are many specific applications that will allow you to achieve just that. Here’s a quick guide detailing how you could use them:
Using Steam Link for playing PC games on an Android
Although there are a number of different applications that might allow you to play your favorite computer games on your smartphone, Steam Link is generally thought to be the best and most trusted option, which is why it will be utilized for the purposes of this article.
Here’s how you could utilize Steam Link as well:
- Using your smartphone, load the Play Store.
- Here, search for Steam Link, and then press on the Install button to download it onto your device.
- After the app has finished installing, press on it to open (game controller icon). Now, you should begin a setup of the app, and tweak it to your gaming preferences.
- Firstly, you will have the ability to choose your preferred controls, meaning you could connect any physical controller you might have, or even utilize the touch controls of your smartphone.
- Then, you will need to connect the application to your computer. To do this, firstly download and install Steam onto your computer and log in to your account, if you haven’t already. Then, use the Scan or Other Computer buttons in the mobile application to locate your computer. After the PC has been found, press the Steam button on the PC app, and click on Settings>Remote Play>Pair Steam Link. Finally, enter the provided number to connect.
- After the applications have been connected, you should then see your computer in the Steam Link application. Simply tap on your connected computer, and then press the Start Playing button.
- Next, click on the Steam icon, and then press the Library option.
- Here, you could simply choose a game that you wish to play. Keep in mind that this means the game will be loaded on your PC as well, but you will still have the ability to see everything on your smartphone as you would on a PC.
Note: Another perk of the Steam Link application is the fact that it will allow you to see everything that’s appearing on your PC screen on the smartphone display as well, not only the game itself.
And there you have it! Playing PC games on your Android is as simple as completing a couple of quick and easy steps.