Minecraft is among the most popular casual games at the moment, and its appeal quite possibly comes from the fact that the game gives you the opportunity to create anything from tools and decorative items to spectacular buildings and even wonderful worlds.
However, if you wish to create your own structures, you will need to have plenty of building materials at your disposal. This is exactly where Bricks come in. Not only are Bricks great building materials that add wonderful aesthetic appeal to any structure, but their appearance and non-flammable nature also make them perfect for crafting anything from flower pots to fireplaces.
So, if you want to start making your own Bricks in Minecraft for any of these purposes, then just follow the helpful guide below:
Table of Contents
What you’ll need for crafting Bricks
Before you can start crafting your own Bricks, you will first have to collect the necessary materials:
- 1 Clay – Smooth grey blocks that can be located in or around lakes and rivers.
- Fuel – Needed for the Furnace; can be Coal, Charcoal, Sticks, Wood Planks, etc.
Making your own Bricks in Minecraft
Once you’ve gathered the necessary materials, it’s now time to start crafting your own Bricks. Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, you’ll need to open the Furnace, in order to make the Furnace menu appear in front of you. If you don’t already have a Furnace, you can make one by placing 8 Stone Blocks around the middle square of your Crafting Table.
- After the Furnace menu has been opened, you will have to place some fuel into the bottom square.
- Now, put the clay into the upper square of your Furnace. The flames should now start cooking your clay.
- Once your clay has finished cooking, 1 Brick will then show up in the square on the right.
- Finally, all that’s left to do is to drag your new Bricks down into the Inventory.
Making Brick Blocks in Minecraft
If you want to utilize your newly made Bricks for building, you will first have to turn them into Brick Blocks. Here’s how you can do just that:
- Firstly, you’ll have to load the Crafting Table, in order to make the grid appear in front of you.
- Now, place your Bricks into the crafting grid by following this layout:
- First row: This row should be left empty.
- Second row: 2 Bricks will need to be put into the first and the second square.
- Third row: 2 Bricks need to be put into the first and the second square.
3. After you’ve correctly filled up the crafting grid, your new Brick Block should then show up in the square on the right of the grid.
4. Finally, all that’s left to do is to drag your new Brick Block down into the Inventory.
And that’s it; now you know how to make both Bricks and Brick Blocks in Minecraft. You can now feel free to start utilizing your new materials however you wish, whether that means creating a small decorative flower pot or even building a magnificent structure.