Facebook has recently launched its new Avatar feature that allows users to create online character emojis of themselves. But how to make a Facebook Avatar? We dived into this new Facebook feature and made a guide on how to make your own avatar. Follow the 4 simple steps below to create your own unique digital Facebook Avatar.
Similarly to Snapchat’s Bitmoji or Apple’s Memoji, this feature gives Facebook users an opportunity to share a unique avatar in a variety of different poses and scenarios. Whether the new avatar stickers are used throughout Facebook’s comments and messages or even shared on other social media platforms, this feature will now let users express themselves more uniquely and individually. If you want to give this new Facebook feature a try, here is how you can make and use your own avatar:
Making a Facebook avatar
In order to create your own avatar emoji, follow the simple steps below, and express your image:
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app, and then press the menu icon (three horizontal lines) which could be found either in the top right corner on Android or the bottom right corner on iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down and press See More, where you can select the Avatars feature. Then, press Next, followed by Get Started.
- Step 3: Out of 27 possible skin tones, choose one that matches your own the best, and then tap Next. Then, you will be given a wide variety of different physical features to choose from, including hair length and color, face shape, facial features, facial hair, body shape, outfit choice, headwear, accessories, and more. Go through each section one by one, slowly customizing your Facebook avatar until it closely resembles you (or until you make an avatar of your choice).
Note: If you need to see yourself while you customize your avatar, there’s also a mirror icon at the top right corner of the screen, which opens the front-facing camera.
- Step 4: Once you’ve finished creating your Facebook avatar, tap the tick icon in the upper right corner, and your avatar will save. Once the dialog box appears, press Next, and your finished avatar will show on the screen. Tap Done to finish the process.
In case you want to change any of your avatar’s features, all you have to do is press the pencil icon in the upper right corner, and make your alterations.
Using your Facebook avatar
Your new avatars can be used as stickers and reaction images in several ways, not only on Facebook but also across a number of social media platforms:
- You can share your new avatar to your Facebook feed, or even set it as a profile picture as soon as you finish customizing it, by pressing the arrow icon in the upper right corner of the screen. To see all the available Avatar stickers, simply press the smiling square icon, right below the arrow.
- You can also use your Facebook avatar stickers in apps such as Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and WhatsApp. To do this, choose a sticker from the available list, tap on one, and then press More Options. From there, you can choose a social media app to share to.
- If you want to use your avatar in Facebook Messenger, or as part of a comment on a Facebook post, simply press the smiling face icon (next to the writing bubble) and then tap the avatar icon at the bottom of the screen.
With a number of different facial expressions and emotions to choose from, Facebook avatars now allow you to interact with your friends or respond to your family members in a more personal and authentic manner, both across the Facebook application and other social media platforms.