Twitch is among the most popular streaming platforms at the moment, allowing avid gamers to share their gameplay with their supportive audience, whether live or through watching a previously recorded video.
One of the aspects of Twitch that make the platform so unique are Clips, shorter videos that capture incredible, memorable, or sometimes simply funny gaming moments worth sharing. Considering their handy nature, it’s only natural you might want to start making your own Clips on Twitch.
If that is the case, here is a quick guide detailing just how you can create Clips, depending on the device you’re currently using:
Making Clips using a computer
In case you’re using a computer to stream on Twitch, you can easily make your own Clip just by following the steps below:
- When on a live Twitch stream, press the Clip icon (movie clapperboard) located in the lower-right corner. Alternatively, you could also press the ALT/Option + X keys on your keyboard.
- A new tab will now be opened, where you could cut the Clip shorter to the necessary moment, or type in a title for your new Clip.
- Once you’ve finished editing the Clip to your liking, simply press the purple Publish tab at the bottom.
- On the right side of your screen, you will see your finished Clip, along with a link you could share with your friends. If you wish, you could also save your Clip to your computer by pressing the Download or Export button.
Making Clips using a mobile device
If you are using a tablet or a smartphone to stream on Twitch, however, you can make Clips by following these simple steps:
- When on a live Twitch stream, press on your screen, and then select the Clip icon (movie clapperboard) located at the top of the screen.
- A new page will now open, where you could cut the Clip shorter to the necessary moment, and type in a title for your new Clip.
- Once you’ve finished editing the Clip to your liking, simply press the Publish tab at the top.
- Alternatively, you could also press the Share icon at the top of your screen, and then select the Create Clip option to make your Clip.
And that’s it! Now you know how to quickly and easily create your own Clips when streaming on Twitch, regardless of the device you might be using.