Among a number of different options to communicate with our family and friends, Facebook also gives us the ability to join a wide variety of Groups where we could connect with like-minded people, enjoy a more specific type of content, or even organize gatherings and events.
However, there could be instances when you’ve joined too many Facebook Groups in the past, a Group might not align with your interests anymore, or the specific event a Group was connected to has passed. No matter the reason, the next step would be to leave the Facebook Group you’re no longer interested in. Here’s how you could achieve just that:
Leaving groups on desktop
In case you’re currently using Facebook on your computer, you could effortlessly leave any group by following the steps below:
- Load the Facebook website on your computer, and sign in if necessary.
- On the left-hand side of the homepage, press the Group icon.
- Now, locate the Group you’d like to leave in the left-hand banner, and click on it to open.
- On the Group’s page, press the ‘Joined’ button that’s located underneath the name of the Group.
- Here, click on the Leave Group option.
- A pop-up window will then appear, where you could select to prevent people from inviting you into the Group again, if you wish.
- Finally, press the blue Leave Group button once again to confirm.
Leaving groups on mobile
If you’re currently on your smartphone or tablet, however, you have the option to leave a group here as well. Here’s how:
- Open the Facebook application on your mobile device, and sign in if necessary.
- Press the Groups icon (three silhouettes in a circle) that’s located either at the top (Android) or the bottom (iOS) of your display.
- Now, locate the Group you’d like to leave in the banner at the top, and press on it to open.
- On the Group’s page, click on the three dots located in the corner.
- Here, choose the Leave Group option, and then press Leave Group once again to confirm.
And that’s it! Regardless of the device you’re currently using, leaving a Facebook group is as quick and simple as completing a couple of easy steps.