Discord is among the most popular voice and text communication platforms at the moment, and for a very good reason. Apart from allowing you to chat with your friends and teammates as you play games, Discord is also known for its wide variety of different Servers that unite communities around commonly shared topics.
So, how exactly can you join Discord Servers, and be a part of the community? Well, the answer to that question depends on the type of Server you are trying to access. Here are some explanations:
Joining random public servers
If you just want to join any random server in order to find out how they operate, then follow the steps below:
- Load the Discord application or Web version, and sign in if necessary.
- In the upper-left part of the screen, press the magnifying glass icon. This will open the Server Discovery section where you can join random public servers.
- Here, you can type in a topic of interest into the search bar at the top, or simply scroll to find a server you like.
- Once you’ve found an appealing server you’d like to join, click on the server in question.
- A list of specific server rules will now appear. It’s advised to read them carefully before joining.
- After you’ve read the rules, press the Join Server tab to finally enter the community.
Note: Wherever you join a server, a cover picture of that specific server will show up on your Discord, on the left banner. This is known as the Server List.
Joining random private servers
In case you’ve been specifically invited to a random private server on Discord, you can utilize the link you received in order to join it. Here’s how:
- In the upper-left part of the Discord window, press the plus icon.
- Here, press the green Join a Server button.
- Now, simply paste the link you’ve received, and finally press the green Join button.
And that’s it! Whether your goal is to join a random private or public server on Discord, you can do so quickly and easily, just by following the handy guide above.