Stay in touch with friends, family, and colleagues wherever you are in the world, whether your phone is in your pocket or in another room. Never miss another message or call with WhatsApp on the Samsung Galaxy smartwatch.
One thing to note first off is that you can’t technically install WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch – there’s no space nor capability for that. What you can do, though, is sync your watch with your Android smartphone (preferably Samsung also), so that its app information, user data, and notifications are synced by Bluetooth with your smartwatch. This will allow you to perform essentially the same WhatsApp functions that you’d be able to perform was it possible to actually install WhatsApp on the watch.
To learn how to sync WhatsApp onto your Samsung Galaxy Watch, read on. For any additional information, or if you have any further related questions, see the FAQs at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
- How to sync WhatsApp onto your Samsung Galaxy Watch
- How to enable WhatsApp notifications on your Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Frequently asked questions
How to sync WhatsApp onto your Samsung Galaxy Watch
Note: If you’ve already Bluetooth synced your Android smartphone and Galaxy Watch, you can skip straight to enabling WhatsApp notifications on your smartwatch. See below.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled and ON on both your Android smartphone and your Galaxy Watch
- Download and install the Galaxy Wearables app on your smartphone, and when installed, open it up
- Next, pick the relevant smartwatch device from the available list, and select OK
- Allow your two devices to pair with each other by once more tapping OK (once your phone has detected the correct smartwatch)
- Your Galaxy Watch has now been successfully paired with your Android device – this includes the use and functionality of WhatsApp (provided you have it downloaded and installed on your smartphone)
How to enable WhatsApp notifications on your Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Open up the Samsung Wearables app on your mobile device, and select your recently paired device to open up its settings
- Navigate to the ‘Notifications’ settings in the app
- Next, toggle Notifications to ON
- Scroll down the list of apps with notification toggles until you locate WhatsApp, toggle the notifications to ON – they will now be sent to your Samsung Galaxy Watch as well as your smartphone, and thus messages can be read, edited, replied to and deleted all from the watch
- Back out of the Notifications settings to apply your changes
And there you have it! First, sync your phone and watch, then enable WhatsApp notifications on the watch – it’s as simple as that!
If you have any further queries or are looking for some more information, then please do see our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
Why would I want to install WhatsApp on my Samsung Galaxy Watch?
Smartphones are one thing, but smartwatches are increasing en vogue, and as their popularity swells, so too does their functionality. Whilst once it was strikingly impressive just to have access to your live heartbeat, step tracker, and text messages, as most of the earliest smartwatches offered.
Today, however, users are looking for more and more from their smartwatches, and if you’re the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Watch, then you’re lucky enough to be at the very forefront of this blossoming technology. Today, you can receive almost any notification that your phone receives, on your smartwatch.
Having access to your WhatsApp messages on your smartwatch ensures that you’re always connected, always available, and always at hand to answer and view any important messages which come through.
Can I access all WhatsApp functions on my Samsung Galaxy Watch?
No, that is still a while off, since the sheer size of installation that would require would be too large for any modern smartwatch. Nevertheless, there’s still plenty you can do with WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch. You can read, edit, send and delete WhatsApp messages all directly from your watch, without ever having touched your phone.
How do I uninstall WhatsApp on my Samsung Galaxy Watch?
Technically, you can’t. Since what you’re doing when you ‘install’ WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch is actually just syncing the watch with your phone, you’re never really hosting the WhatsApp app at all. Thus, you can’t ‘uninstall’ it. But what you can do (which does essentially the same thing) is to disable WhatsApp notifications on your smartwatch.
To do so, go to the Galaxy Wearables app on your paired smartphone, and via the settings there, disable WhatsApp notifications from appearing on your paired Galaxy Watch.