When you buy a new Samsung phone, it comes with a bunch of stock Android and Samsung OS Apps pre-installed so you could get some basic things done straight off the bat even if you don’t have access to the internet right away. These are typically apps like the calculator and notes etc.
Sometimes though, the stock apps don’t include a couple of apps. This is what happened precisely with a few users of the Samsung S9. If you have been looking for the pre-installed voice recorder on yours and can’t seem to find it, don’t worry, it hasn’t been renamed or deleted, it might have just not been installed on your device. But you can still install it yourself following a few easy steps!
Table of Contents
Connect to the Internet:
To be able to download anything onto your phone, you are going to need access to the internet.
This can be either WiFi or your mobile data.
Connect to WiFi:
- On your device’s home screen, swipe up and go to “Settings.”
- Look for the “connections” option and tap on it.
- Toggle the WiFi “ON”
- Your device will scan and show you all the available WiFi networks that are available around you. If your preferred network doesn’t show up, toggle the WiFi off and on again, it should pop up on the rescan.
- Prefer the network you want to connect to and add its password and tap “Connect”
- You will now have connected to the WiFi.
Connect to Mobile Data:
- To connect to your device’s Mobile Data, swipe down to access the drop menu
- There you will see the “Mobile Data” menu
- Tap it, and your mobile data will turn on, and you can use the internet on your device
Once you have connected your device to the internet, you can begin the process of downloading the voice recorder App.
- On the Home Screen, swipe up or down to access the App Drawer.
- There, find the “Play Store” and tap on the icon
- This will take you to the Official Google App Store
- On the top of the screen, you will see a search bar
- Tap on the search bar and type in “Voice Recorder.”
- You will see a lot of different voice recorder apps pop up
- If you are looking to download the official voice recorder that Samsung phones are supposed to come with, scroll around until you find “Samsung Voice Recorder” and tap on the icon
- You will be redirected to the App’s page where you will see a button that says “Install.”
- The App download will begin, and then then it will continue to install
- Once the Samsung voice recorder App is installed, you can go ahead and use it!
How to use the Samsung voice recorder app on Samsung S9
- When you first open the Samsung Voice Recorder application, it will show you a pop-up, asking “Allow Voice Recorder to access photos and media on your device?”
- Tap on “Allow”
- Then it will switch to a different prompt, which will ask if you “Allow Voice Recorder to Record Audio?”
- This gives the app permission to use your microphone; without it, you won’t be able to record any audio.
- Tap on “Allow” here as well
- The App is now ready to use
- You will see a red button on the mid-bottom of your screen; this is your “record button”. Tap it to begin recording.
- Once you do, the App starts recording, and the red button switches over to become the “pause” button instead.
- At any point, while recording, you can pause and slide the audio file around and record over a section as well.
- Once you’re done recording, tap on the “stop” button.
- You will see a prompt that asks you to name the recording and add it to a category.
- You can let the app name it and categorize it for you, but it’s a lot easier to find the recording you’re looking for later if you do name it yourself.
- Tap “Save” and your recording would be saved!
That’s it! These are all the steps you need to take to download, install, and use the Samsung Voice recorder on the Samsung Galaxy S9!