From calendars and organizers to communication apps, and a wide variety of different games and time-passers, there a number of different software options you might wish to install onto your Android phone, which will be useful in your daily life.
However, if you’re new to Android phones, or you simply aren’t aware of all the installation options that are available, you might be having trouble downloading the necessary software onto your smartphone. In that case, here is a detailed guide that might help:
Table of Contents
Downloading software from the Play Store
The easiest and safest way of downloading software onto your phone is through the Play Store, a default service that already comes previously installed on all Android devices. Here’s how you could use it:
- On your smartphone, load the Apps section, and locate the Play Store. Press on it to open.
- If you haven’t already, you might need to sign in with a Google account in order to utilize the Store.
- In the Play Store, you will see a search bar at the top of your screen. Here, simply type in the name of your desired software, and then press the search icon.
- Once the software has been located, press the green Install button.
- The software in question will then be automatically downloaded and installed onto your phone, and you can use it however you wish.
Installing software via third-party websites
If the Play Store doesn’t have the exact software you are searching for, you could also download applications directly from a website that offers them. Just follow these simple steps:
- Using n internet browser on your smartphone, load the developer website that has the specific software you are searching for, or even visit a third-party website that offers Android software such as Apps APK or Get Android Stuff.
- Then, download the appropriate ‘.apk’ file from your chosen website. You might need to ensure that the file is compatible with your device model.
- Once the file has been downloaded, locate it in your Android’s File Manager.
- Tap on the newly-downloaded file to open it, and then follow the necessary steps that are provided on the display in order to install the software.
- Now, you will have the ability to use this new software as any other application on your Android.
Note: You might need to give your Android specific permissions to install any applications that come from unknown or untrusted sources first. You could achieve this by loading the Settings application, locating the Security section, and then pressing on Unknown Sources.
Installing software from a computer
In other cases, you also have the opportunity to use your computer in order to install software onto your phone. Just follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Firstly, you will need to connect your phone with your computer, preferably via a USB cable.
- Using an internet browser on your computer, load the developer website that has the specific software you are searching for, or even visit a third-party website that offers Android software. Then, download the appropriate ‘.apk’ file from your chosen website.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and copy it from the folder. Then simply paste it onto the phone in your chosen destination.
- Now, you can disconnect the phone from the PC.
- Locate the downloaded file in your Android’s File Manager and press on it to open. Now, simply follow the necessary steps that are provided on the screen to install the new software.
And there you have it; all you truly need to know about installing software onto your Android phone, regardless of the download method you wish to use.