Being one of the biggest, most popular, and most widely-used social media platforms around the world, Facebook is a brilliant way to stay in touch with friends and family, keep up with current events, or even share some memories from your own life through pictures and videos. However, sometimes you might want to keep some of your details to yourself, such as your age, whether it’s due to privacy concerns, or some other reason.
Thankfully, Facebook allows you to change your settings, and hide your birthday in the process. Here are some ways you could do just that:
Using a computer
To change your privacy settings and hide your age when using Facebook on your computer, simply follow the steps below:
- Load the Facebook website in a browser of your choice, and log in to your account if necessary.
- Press on your name in the upper-right part of the screen in order to land on your profile page.
- Here, press the About tab, located just underneath your name.
- From the list that appears, choose Contact and Basic Info.
- Scroll to find the Basic Info section.
- Here, click on the icon located to the right of your Birth Year. Depending on your current settings, this icon will either be a planet (public) or silhouettes of two people (friends).
- A pop-up will then appear, where you should choose the ‘Only Me’ option.
- If you wish, you could also repeat these steps to hide your birthday, just by selecting the Birth Date option.
Using a mobile device
If you’re using Facebook on your smartphone or tablet, however, then you can follow these steps in order to hide your age:
- Load the Facebook application on your device, and log in to your account if necessary.
- Press on your profile icon (a silhouette of a person) that’s located either at the top (Android) or the bottom (iOS) banner.
- Here, press the three dots located underneath your name, and then select the Edit Profile option.
- Scroll to the end of this page, and then click on the Edit Your About Info button.
- Scroll once again to find the Basic Info section, and then press the small Edit button within it.
- Your Date of Birth and Birth Year should be at the top.
- Here, click on the icon located to the right of these options. Depending on your current settings, this icon will either be a planet (public) or silhouettes of two people (friends).
- Finally, simply click on the ‘Only Me’ option to hide your age.
And that’s it! Whether you only wish to hide the year you were born on Facebook, or even decide to hide your birthday as well, you can now do so quickly and effortlessly, just by following the helpful guide above.