Facebook is a brilliant social network that primarily focuses on photos, videos, and text posts, offering a number of unique features and options for improving your user experience. One of these beneficial features is the opportunity to start a live video on Facebook, allowing you to share some moments from your life, report from an event, or simply chat with your friends in a more unique way.
If you want to start your own live video on Facebook, here are some ways you can do so using your Android device, whether it means going live in a group, event, or simply your own profile:
Starting a live video from your Facebook profile
If you wish to start a live stream from your profile to share with your Facebook friends, you can do so by following the steps below:
- Load the Facebook app on your device, and log in if necessary.
- On the homepage, press the red Live Video icon, located in the ‘What’s on your mind?’ segment at the top.
- Here, you can choose a description for your live video, and even add emojis or a location.
- Using the camera icon located at the top, you can shift between the front and the back camera.
- With different filters, frames, and text options available at the bottom, you could also personalize your live video.
- Once you’re completely happy with how the layout looks, simply press Start Live Video to begin streaming.
- Whenever you want to stop your live stream, press Finish.
Starting a live video from a group or an event
In case you want to start a live video in a group or on an event page, you have the option of doing that as well. Here’s how:
- Load the Facebook app on your device, and locate the group or event you want to start a live stream from.
- On a group page, simply press the red Live Video icon.
- On an event page, press Write a Post, and then press Go Live.
- Customize your live stream however you wish, and then press Start Live Video to begin streaming.
And that’s it; in just a few quick and easy steps, you can effortlessly start a live stream on Facebook from your Android phone or tablet.