Although it was long-awaited, Facebook finally rolled out a specific application for Android TVs a couple of years ago. However, this app is nothing like the Facebook you might be used to. Instead of all the normal aspects and features, you will only be able to enjoy video content on the specific TV app. While the Facebook TV application does offer different video types and categories, it still might not be enough for some users.
If you’re satisfied with only video watching, however, here’s how you can download Facebook’s application for your Android TV, as well as an alternative method for casting Facebook videos:
Downloading Facebook’s official app
If you want to download Facebook’s official application, even though it will only allow you to watch videos, then you can do so by following the steps below:
- On your Android TV, open the Play Store app.
- In the search bar, type in Facebook Watch TV or alternatively use the Google Assistant button to say the name of the app.
- Once the app is found, simply click on Download or Install.
- After you’ve downloaded the app to your TV, open it, and then press Continue.
- Now, you will see a code on your TV screen.
- In order to confirm this code, simply open the Facebook application on any device that’s connected to the same network, where you will see a notification. Simply press Approve, and then press Continue to set up Facebook on your TV.
- Alternatively, you could also follow this link, where you can manually enter the code that appears on your TV, then press Continue to set up the app.
Streaming directly from your device
Considering the fact that the Facebook Watch application will only allow you to watch video content, you might not wish to download a separate app for this purpose. Thankfully, you don’t have to. You could also stream videos from Facebook to your Android TV directly from your device. Here’s how:
- Whether it’s a computer, phone, or tablet, make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV.
- Go to the Facebook website or open the application on your device, and sign in if necessary.
- Once logged into Facebook, find a video you’d like to play on your TV.
- Open the video in question, and then press the casting icon (square with three lines in the corner) to play it.
- Finally, select the TV where you want the specific video to play.
And there you have it! Playing Facebook videos on your Android TV is as simple as completing a few quick steps, whether you want to download a separate app or not.