Being an incredibly popular messaging tool, Discord has acquired millions of users from all around the globe. However, it still remains the number one choice among avid gamers, quite possibly because it offers the opportunity to communicate both through voice and written text. Not only does this allow game lovers to share their enthusiasm with other like-minded individuals, but it also presents a wonderful opportunity to talk and strategize with a team while any gaming session is underway.
If you wish to communicate with your friends and teammates while gaming as well, you can use the Discord application on your phone, computer, or even a web browser, depending on your preferences.
Using a computer
In order to download the Discord application to your computer, simply follow the steps below:
- Load the Discord website in a web browser of your choice.
- On the landing page, press the Download tab located at the top.
- Next, find the operating system you use (Windows, Mac or Linux) and press the corresponding Download button.
- The downloaded Discord app executive file should then show up in the browser’s ‘downloads’ tab. Simply click on this file to open it.
- Once a new window pops up, press Run, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install.
Using a mobile phone
If you want to download the Discord application to your mobile device, you can do so by following the steps below:
- On your device, open the App Store or Play Store, depending on the operating system.
- In the search bar, type in ‘Discord’ and then press Install/Get to download.
- Once the app has downloaded, tap on it to open.
- Here, you will see two different log-in options. Tap ‘Login’ to sign in to your Discord profile with existing account information. Or, press the purple ‘Register’ button to create a new profile on Discord.
Using a web browser
Alternatively, you could also use Discord in an internet browser, without actually having to download the application. This feature is available on all popular browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
All you truly have to do is load Discord’s website, and select the ‘Open Discord in your browser’ option. Here, simply type in your account information to sign in to your Discord profile, or alternatively press the purple ‘Register’ link below to create a new profile if necessary.
And that’s it! Whether you want to download the Discord application to your phone or computer, or simply use it in your preferred browser, you can easily do so by following the guide above.