Are you leaving Samsung for a different provider or manufacturer, and wish to clean the slate by deleting your account? Do you not use Samsung Services, and see no need to hold onto your account? Do you have two Samsung accounts, one of which is inactive and could do with deletion?
Whatever your reason, follow the simple steps below to either remove your Samsung account from your mobile phone or delete it permanently via the Samsung website. For more information, see the FAQs at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
- How to permanently delete your Samsung Account
- How to sign out from your Samsung account on a mobile/tablet device
- Frequently asked questions
How to permanently delete your Samsung Account
- Open up your preferred web browser, and navigate to the official Samsung Account website (https://account.samsung.com/membership/intro)
- Click on the Profile icon in the top-right, and when prompted, sign-in to your Samsung account using your ID and password
- Now, click on ‘Profile’ in the top-left of the page
- To access these settings, you’ll be asked to re-enter your password, do so now
- On the next page, locate and click on the ‘Delete Account’ button
- You’ll be asked to verify your password one last time, do so now
- Finally, you’ll be shown a screen warning you of the data, information, and files which you will lose access to and which will be deleted if you proceed. Ensure that you are certain of your decision, tick the “I confirm the conditions…” box, and then click ‘Confirm’
- To complete the process, on the next page, click ‘Confirm’ one last time
And there you have it! Whether removing your Samsung account from your phone, tablet, or computer or actively and permanently deleting your account, you can do so quickly and easily just by following the simple steps, as laid out above. For more information, check out the FAQs below.
How to sign out from your Samsung account on a mobile/tablet device
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to delete your Samsung account from the Android menu. But you can use the same process as above on your mobile phone, or just sign out of your Samsung account on your Android device.
- On your mobile phone or tablet, navigate to ‘Settings’
- Navigate to ‘Accounts and backup’
- Tap on ‘Accounts’
- You will be presented with an entire list of all of the accounts Samsung have saved the information of across your device. Scroll down to your Samsung account and tap on it
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the Sign out button
- Select optional options and confirm your choiche by clicking Sign out again
Frequently asked questions
Why do I have a Samsung Account?
If you own a Samsung mobile phone, tablet, or computer, you will most likely have had to set up a Samsung account. Having a Samsung account gives you access to lots of unique and useful features, including the Samsung cloud (online backup database), the Samsung ‘find my phone’ feature, Samsung Pay, and Samsung Pass. Whilst you may not regularly use any of these features, you never know when they might come in handy.
Why would I want to delete my Samsung Account?
You may well decide to delete your Samsung account, even when still a user of Samsung products, either as a means of removing your information from online platforms, because you never use Samsung Account services and don’t feel you’ll ever need to, or simply because you’re leaving Samsung for a different service provider/tech manufacturer, and you want to erase your account so as to have a clean slate. Whatever your reason, make sure that you are absolutely sure of your decision before you proceed, and if you are sure, make sure you are actually deleting your account, and not just removing it from your device.
Can I recover an accidentally deleted Samsung Account?
No, unfortunately not. Whilst you could always email the Samsung customer support team and enquire directly with them, it seems that the process of deleting your Samsung Account is a permanent one, meaning that once it’s gone, it’s gone. We, therefore, recommend making a backup (and obviously, not on the Samsung cloud…) of all your important information, files, and data, which pertains to or is backed up by your Samsung account, before proceeding with the deletion.
What happens when I delete my Samsung Account?
When you delete your Samsung account, you will lose access to all Samsung services, and all of the information stored by Samsung (including files on the Samsung cloud) will be deleted. Proceed with caution.