Once the pandemic has started, and many people were forced to stay locked inside their homes, the Houseparty application saw a sudden rise in popularity. Being quite a handy and convenient video chat application, it’s not surprising Houseparty was used for anything from personal chats to business meetings and professional calls.
However, the app has had its ups and downs from the very start, with users reporting unfamiliar people entering their chats and even a data breach that compromised their other online accounts. Even though Houseparty claims their app is perfectly safe, it’s still understandable why users might wish to opt-out of using it and remove their profiles altogether.
If you’re one of those users as well, here are some ways you could delete your own account on the Houseparty application:
Using the Houseparty app on iOS
In case you’re using Houseparty on your iPhone or iPad, you can effortlessly delete your profile through the app on your device, by following the steps below:
- Load the Houseparty application on your iOS device, and sign in if necessary.
- Press the emoji icon at the top, and then choose Settings (gear icon).
- Here, press Privacy at the bottom, and then choose Delete Account.
- Press Yes to confirm.
- You will then be prompted to type in your Houseparty password. Enter it, and press OK.
- Finally, press Delete to remove your profile.
Sending an e-mail to customer support
In case you’re using the Houseparty application on your computer or an Android device, however, you won’t have the option of deleting your profile through the application itself. Instead, you’ll have to send a specific e-mail request to Houseparty’s customer support, asking them to remove your profile for you. Here’s how:
- Open your preferred e-mail client on any device, and start writing a new message.
- Put [email protected] as the recipient.
- In the Subject box, type ‘Request for Account Deletion’ or something similar.
- In the e-mail body, type in your account deletion request. The text should include your first and last name, the username and e-mail address you used for Houseparty, as well as your phone number.
- Finally, send the e-mail. Once the Houseparty support receives and processes your request, they will send you a message confirming that your account has been permanently removed.
No matter what your reasons for deletion might be, one of the two methods mentioned above will hopefully help you to remove your Houseparty account.