Whether you’re fed up with online dating, or you’ve found your perfect match – whatever your reason for doing so, read on to learn how to unlink your Bumble profile from your Facebook profile, and then permanently delete it.
For any additional questions or information, please see our FAQs at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
- How to unlink Bumble and Facebook (only necessary if it is linked)
- How to delete your Bumble account
- Frequently asked questions
On the Facebook website
- Open up your preferred web browser and navigate to the Facebook website – when prompted, sign in
- From the arrow in the top-right corner, click ‘Settings’
- Now, from the column on the left, select ‘Apps and Websites’
- From the next list, find Bumble, and tick the box next to it
- Finally, click ‘Remove’ and then ‘Confirm’
On the Facebook mobile app
- Open up the Facebook app on your mobile device and sign in if necessary
- From the Menu, navigate to ‘Settings’
- Next, navigate to Account Settings > Apps >Logged in with Facebook
- Find Bumble, and tap on it, then tap ‘Remove App’
- Finally, hit ‘Confirm’
How to delete your Bumble account
- On your mobile device (once you’ve unlinked your Bumble account from Facebook, if necessary), open up the Bumble app and sign in
- Tap your Profile icon in the top right from the main page
- Find and tap on ‘Settings’
- Scroll right to the bottom of ‘Settings’ and select ‘Delete Account’
- Bumble will ask you to confirm the deletion of your account by typing the word “delete” into the confirmation box (all in lowercase)
- Lastly, tap ‘Confirm’
And there you have it! Whether you do need to unlink your Facebook from Bumble first or not, our tutorial shows you how to quickly and easily delete your unwanted Bumble account, through the Bumble app.
For any unanswered queries or additional information you may desire, please see our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
What is Bumble?
Bumble is a pretty unique social networking app used for dating and meeting potentially interested romantic partners. The app developed around the same time as Tinder, but building on that first famous dating app by integrating a unique female-friendly feature, has achieved widespread popularity.
Using your location, and any number of other controlling factors you may be allowed to exert influence over, you are able to see potentially interested users in your area. You can then read a little more about them in their bios, and see more pictures of them, too.
If you like a given user, you can choose to indicate this. If they like you back, then you’ll be matched up, and can begin a conversation – the idea being that hopefully if all goes well, this conversation will lead to a meet-up in real life, and thus may spark a potential romance (whether for one night or a lifetime).
Uniquely, in opposite-sex matches, only the female user can engage in conversation first – a feature setting Bumble aside from other apps, on which many female users are often sexually harassed by unsolicited messages from male matches.
On Bumble, same sex matches can message each other whenever they like.
Why would I want to delete my Bumble account?
Well, any number of reasons, really! Maybe you’ve met the person of your dreams, and no longer have any use for the very app you may (or may not) have met them on. Perhaps you’re spending too much time on the app, and it’s affecting your self-love and self-esteem.
Maybe you’re having no luck on Bumble, and want to try a different app altogether. Maybe you deleted the app ages ago, but have still been getting emails from Bumble, and only now realize you forgot to delete your account.
Whatever your reasoning, that’s why we’re here, with the How-To guide to help you learn exactly how to delete your Bumble account.
What happens when I delete my Bumble account?
Your Bumble account is permanently deleted, meaning that all those who have matched with you will no longer be able to message you (though they may still be able to see your previous message thread) and that you will no longer appear in the Bumble feeds of any active users, and thus can no longer be seen or ‘liked’ by any users.
Can I recover an accidentally deleted Bumble account?
Not to the best of our knowledge, though it’s always worth messaging the Bumble Help & Support team just in case! If you’re uncertain about fully deleting your Bumble account, and just want to take a bit of a break from online dating, then we recommend temporarily hiding your account instead. You can do this from the app’s settings when inside the app.