Although leaving voicemails after unanswered calls don’t happen quite as often as it used to, considering the fact that we tend to rely more on text-based communication, voicemail is still in use today. And if we receive voicemails regularly, but don’t clean out any unnecessary messages, our inbox could fill up quite quickly, leaving us unable to receive any new voicemails.
So, how can you delete any unwanted voicemail messages on your Android device? Here is a quick guide that might help:
Calling your voicemail
The old-fashioned method of calling your voicemail still works quite well. Here’s how:
- On your smartphone, open the Phone application, and then click on the Dialpad.
- Here, press and hold the number 1. This should automatically call your voicemail. If not, you can call the specific Voicemail number of your mobile carrier.
- Here, you will be able to listen to the voicemail messages you have in your inbox. In most cases, a voicemail can be deleted by pressing the number 7. Or, simply listen to the voice instructions to find out how you can delete your saved messages.
Using Visual Voicemail
Android also offers a built-in voicemail feature, although it’s not compatible with all mobile carriers. If you’re currently using Android’s Visual Voicemail, follow the steps below to delete your messages:
- On your smartphone, open the Phone application.
- Press the Voicemail icon (two circles connected with a line) at the top. Here, you will see a list of all the voicemails you have, along with the contact they’re attached to.
- Simply click on a voicemail message you wish to delete. This will open a new screen with all the necessary details.
- Here, just press the Trashcan icon to delete.
- To delete several messages at once, click on the three dots in the upper corner and select Edit. Then, select the messages you’d like to remove, and then press Delete.
Note: If you don’t see the Voicemail icon in the Phone app, tap on the three dots in the upper corner. Go to Settings, click on Voicemail, and then select the Visual Voicemail option.
Using Google Voice
If, however, you use the Google Voice application for managing your calls and voicemail, you can delete your messages by following the steps below:
- On your smartphone, load the Voice application.
- Press the Voicemail icon (two circles connected with a line).
- Here, simply click on a specific voicemail message you wish to delete.
- Click on the More icon (three vertical dots) and then press Delete.
- Finally, press ‘I understand’ and then click Delete once more to remove the message.
And there you have it! No matter which app or service you use for managing your voicemail messages, you can now delete any unnecessary voicemails on your Android phone in a couple of quick steps, just by following the helpful guide above.