Roblox is today’s leading game creation, sharing, sharing and online-gaming app for the everyday user, and with four million monthly unique users, it’s growing fast. Unfortunately, Roblox does not provide its users with the means to delete their account, instead allowing you only to cancel your membership. However, given that it is a paid/subscription service, cancelling your membership does in effect what you’ve come here to learn how to do: delete your account.
Thus, to cancel your Roblox membership, simply follow the simple tutorial below. And to find out more about what happens to inactive accounts, etc., check out our FAQs at the bottom of the page.
Table of Contents
- How to Cancel a Roblox Membership on the Browser App
- How to Cancel a Roblox Membership on the Apple App
- How to Cancel a Roblox Membership on the Google Play App
- Frequently asked questions
- What is Roblox?
- Why would I want to cancel my Roblox membership?
- Can I recover my Roblox account after I’ve deleted it?
- What happens when I cancel my Roblox membership?
- Can I cancel my Roblox membership from my Xbox One/Series X?
- When can I cancel my Roblox membership?
- Is there really no way to have my account deleted?
- Does deleting the Roblox app cancel my subscription/membership?
- Related Posts
How to Cancel a Roblox Membership on the Browser App
This option applies if you bought your Roblox subscription through a web browser
- Open up your preferred browser and navigate to the Roblox website/app, if prompted, sign in (must be signed into the account you wish to deactivate/cancel)
- Click the gear-shaped Settings icon in the upper-right
- Navigate through ‘Settings’ > ‘Billing’
- Now click ‘Cancel Renewal’, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cancellation process
How to Cancel a Roblox Membership on the Apple App
This option applies if you bought your Roblox subscription through Apple
- On your Apple device, open up the Settings app
- Tap on your profile picture/name
- Now, tap ‘Subscriptions’
- Locate the Roblox subscription, and tap on it
- Now tap ‘Cancel Subscription’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cancelation of Roblox
How to Cancel a Roblox Membership on the Google Play App
This option applies if you bought your Roblox subscription through Google Play
- On your Android device, open up the Google Play Store app
- Ensure that you are logged into the correct Google account by tapping your profile picture in the top-right, and selecting the appropriate Roblox-linked account
- Tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal grey lines) in the top-left of the app
- Tap ‘Subscriptions’
- Locate the Roblox app subscription and tap on it
- Locate and tap on Cancel/Manage Subscription and follow the on-screen instructions to finalise the cancellation of your Roblox subscription
And there you have it! Though it is most certainly frustrating that there is no in-built means of deleting your Roblox account, above are the various tutorials you need to do the next best thing: cancel your Roblox membership subscription. For other information, see the FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
What is Roblox?
Roblox is one of the most innovative apps and online gaming systems to hit the internet in recent years. It is an online gaming and game creation platform which allows its users not only to design and program their own games (the imagination being the only limiting factor), but to play other user-created games too. Roblox is especially popular among the younger generation of gamers, and attracts around four million unique users every single month.
Why would I want to cancel my Roblox membership?
There may well come the time when you decide you need to get rid of your Roblox account, for one reason or another. Perhaps you no longer use it, and wish to stop paying for the service, or maybe your kid is simply spending far too much time on it, and you’ve had enough. Maybe (with competing apps beginning to challenge Roblox’s hold on the market niche) you’ve found another app you prefer to use, and wish to cancel your Roblox account so that you can make the switch.
Can I recover my Roblox account after I’ve deleted it?
Technically, since Roblox doesn’t actually provide the option to delete your account, you can access it whenever you like once you’ve cancelled your Roblox membership, so long as you renew said membership (or are still within a prepaid membership period, having cancelled membership renewal). However, Roblox’s systems perform an annual sweep of old, inactive accounts, and remove them from their servers. As such, if you leave your account inactive for a year or more, chances are it will finally be deleted, and you will no longer be able to access it.
What happens when I cancel my Roblox membership?
Once you cancel the auto-renewal of your Roblox membership, you will still retain access to your account until the prepaid membership period is up (in other words, up until the date on which your membership would have been renewed). Your account, however, as discussed above, will not be deleted, and you will still be able to access it again if you choose to renew your membership in future (up to a point of about one year of inactivity, at which point Roblox will likely have removed/deleted it from their servers).
Can I cancel my Roblox membership from my Xbox One/Series X?
No, you cannot. You must cancel your membership from the desktop or mobile/tablet app.
When can I cancel my Roblox membership?
You can cancel the renewal of your membership subscription anytime before the next payment deadline.
Is there really no way to have my account deleted?
Not easily, no, but you could try either emailing or phoning the Roblox customer care and support team directly. Alternatively, you could always do something which contradicts the Roblox terms of service (i.e. something to get you banned), however we would not recommend this method.
Does deleting the Roblox app cancel my subscription/membership?
Absolutely not. Ensure that you have cancelled your subscription via the tutorials above, before you consider deleting the app from your computer or mobile/tablet device.