Whatever your reasoning – cutting back on takeaway or leaving the job of ‘dasher’ for something new – follow our tutorials below to learn exactly how to delete your DoorDash account.
For any additional information or unanswered queries, see our FAQs at the end of this article.
Note: You can’t delete your DoorDash account from the app, you have to do so via the website
Table of Contents
How to delete your DoorDash account?
- Open up your preferred web browser and navigate to the DoorDash website
- Once there, sign into your DoorDash account using your login credentials
- Hit the hamburger menu icon in the top-left hand corner of the page
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Account’
- Next, find and click on ‘Manage Account’
- At this stage, you can download (or even request to ‘archive’) your DoorDash personal data, including all of your receipts, should you need to
- Scroll down to and click on ‘Delete Account’
- DoorDash will now send a verification code to your account’s associated mobile phone number or email address. Locate the code and input it into the DoorDash verification textbox. Click ‘Verify’
- Next, click ‘Continue’
- You’ll be asked to confirm the deletion of your account one more time. Remember that this process is irreversible. Once happy to proceed, click ‘Delete Account’
And there you have it! In less than 10 steps, you can delete your unwanted DoorDash account and even back up your information and order history (along with your receipts) in the process.
For any additional information, or if you have any queries which are as of yet unanswered, please direct your attention to our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
What is DoorDash?
DoorDash Inc. is an American company that develops the DoorDash app – a food ordering and delivery app through which you can order from local restaurants, as well as from grocers and supermarkets.
DoorDash has seen a massive surge in popularity and user numbers thanks to the increased demand for shop-to-door delivery services caused by the 2020-21 global pandemic.
Why would I want to delete my DoorDash account?
There is a number of reasons you might want to delete your DoorDash account, not least because you’re using it far too much and want to start getting healthier, and cooking more for yourself, rather than ordering in from other places.
Similarly, you might be happy with how much you order from restaurants and takeaways, but find that you’re spending too much money, thanks to the convenience of the app.
Or, of course, you may simply have decided that there are better apps out there – more suited to your needs – than DoorDash, and as such, you’d like to delete your account before deleting the app.
You might be a ‘dasher’ (one of the self-employed freelancers associated with the company) and be fed up with the job – note though, if you are, then make sure to cancel all and any scheduled shifts with DoorDash before deleting your account.
What happens when I delete my DoorDash account?
Your account and all information associated with it are deleted permanently. Next time you wish to use DoorDash, you’ll have to create a new account.
Will deleting my DoorDash account also cancel my DoorDash subscription?
No. If you have a DoorDash subscription, which you or someone bought for you, then you’ll have to cancel this before you delete your DoorDash account, so that it doesn’t carry on charging you when the due date comes. Alternatively, if you have a one-month subscription, say, which isn’t going to automatically renew, then deleting your DoorDash account will effectively end your subscription, given that it’s not going to renew, and you’ll no longer have access to it.