Whether you are traveling the world or simply exploring a new spot in town, Facebook has a wonderful feature that allows you to check in to any location you visit. Not only will this allow your friends and family members to interact with your check-in post, but you might also receive some special offers from businesses once you share their location on Facebook.
Regardless of your reasons, here is how you can easily check in on the Facebook application using your Android phone or tablet:
Checking in on the Facebook mobile app
If you want to check in on Facebook while using your phone or tablet, you can do so by following the simple steps below:
- Tap on the Facebook application on your Android device, and sign in if necessary.
- On the homepage, tap the ‘What’s on your mind’ box at the top.
- Here, you will see the Check In option at the bottom. Select it. You might also need to allow Facebook to see your current location at this point if you haven’t done this already.
- Now, simply press the location you wish to share with your friends. If your specific location isn’t in the provided list, you could also press the Search box at the top and manually find your current location.
- Once your location is selected, you can then add a caption to your post, tag friends who are with you, or even add pictures or activities using the icons in the lower banner.
- After you’ve finished adding comments and stylizing your check-in post, simply press the Post button. You will then be checked in on your Facebook.
And there you have it! With just a couple of quick and easy steps, you can check yourself in on Facebook, and share your current location with your friends and family on the platform.