Facebook Pages are a wonderful way to advertise a company, share necessary information about an important cause, or interact with your audience in any other capacity. However, there might come a time when you need to alter the name of a Facebook Page you previously created, whether it’s due to rebranding, a change in organization, or even a simple mistake.
To help you achieve just that, here is a detailed guide that will allow you to modify the current name of any Facebook Page you own, whether you’re using a mobile device or a computer:
Table of Contents
Entering a new name for a Facebook Page on desktop
In case you are currently using Facebook on your PC, you can easily alter the name of your Page by following the steps below:
- Load Facebook in the browser of your choice, and log into your account if necessary.
- In the left banner on the homepage, press Pages, and then open the Page you wish to modify the name of.
- Next, select the Edit Page Info option in the left banner on the Page.
- Now, type in the new name you wish to display on your Facebook Page into the Name box.
- After you’ve finished typing, simply click somewhere outside the Name box.
- Finally, select Request Change. Facebook will then approve this action within a couple of days.
Entering a new name for a Facebook Page using a mobile device
You also have the option of altering the name of your Facebook Page when using a tablet or mobile device. Here’s how:
- Open the Facebook application on your device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the top or bottom-right corner, depending on your operating system.
- Here, tap on Pages, and then choose the Page you wish to modify the name of.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Here, select Page Info.
- Now, you can type in the new name you wish to display on your Facebook Page into the Name box.
- After you’ve finished typing, simply tap Request Change. Facebook will then approve this action within a couple of days.
Important things to consider beforehand
Before you attempt to modify the current name of any of your Pages, there are some things to be aware of regarding Facebook’s general rules:
- In order to alter the name of a Page in any capacity, you need to be the Page’s admin.
- It’s advised to think of the most suitable name beforehand, and then spell check it several times after typing it in, as Facebook might not allow you to alter the name for a certain time period.
- Remember to read Facebook’s Page name guidelines before attempting to alter your Page’s name, to ensure you aren’t breaking any rules.
And there you have it! With just a couple of simple steps, you can easily change the name of your Facebook Page, regardless of the device you prefer to use.