Fitbit devices are usually quite consistent when it comes to displaying the correct time. However, that doesn’t mean that a mistake can’t occur, especially in instances such as changing time zones. Thankfully, an issue like this can quickly be solved.
While there’s no way for you to change the time on a Fitbit manually, you can easily do it through the dedicated mobile app or website, in just a few simple steps. Here’s how:
Changing the time using the Fitbit mobile app
- Open the Fitbit app on your phone, and press Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on your avatar located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Advanced Settings. Depending on how the time zone is set on the device, you can do one of the following:
- If the Set Automatically option is turned off, and the time zone is incorrect, turn it on by pressing the switch located next to it.
- If the Set Automatically option is turned on, but the time zone is still incorrect, you can turn it off by pressing the switch, and then manually choosing the correct time zone in the box below.
Note: The setting can say either “Set Automatically” or “Automatic Time Zone” depending on your device, but the process for changing the time will be the same.
Changing the time using the Fitbit website
- Open a web browser of your choice, and go to fitbit.com. Make sure you’re logged into your Fitbit account.
- Click on the gear icon located in the upper-right corner of the screen, and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- If you’re not already on the Personal Info page, make sure to click Personal Info on the left-hand side.
- Next, scroll down until you find Advanced Settings. Here, you can choose the correct time zone or even change the clock from a 12-hour to a 24-hour format.
- Once you’ve made all the necessary changes, simply press Submit to save.
Although your Fitbit shouldn’t necessarily display the incorrect time, this issue can easily be resolved in a few quick and simple steps, in case such a mistake does occur.