Whenever you purchase a new Windows computer, you are given the option to select your preferred system language during the setup at the beginning. However, you might have decided on the incorrect language accidentally, or you could simply wish to adjust the language to a new one for more comfort, ease of use, or even language learning.
No matter the reason, Windows 10 provides you with the ability to effortlessly adjust the default system language on your device. Here’s how:
Adjusting the default system language
To alter the default system language on your Windows 10 OS, simply follow the steps below:
- Using your PC, press the Windows icon.
- Here, press Settings (gear icon) and then select the Time & Language section.
- Press the Language tab located in the left-hand sidebar.
- Press the ‘Add a preferred language’ tab, located below the Preferred Languages segment.
- Here, simply scroll to find your new language, or type it into the search bar at the top. Once located, click on it to select, and then press the Next tab.
- On the following page, check the boxes that are located beside the ‘Install language pack’ and ‘Set as my Windows display language’ options. If you want, you could also select any additional features here.
- Finally, press the Install tab to start downloading your new system language.
- You will likely have to log out of your Microsoft account at this point, and then sign right back in to view your new chosen language.
Note: Keep in mind that this process with change the default language on the whole Windows OS, including all settings, applications, websites, and other aspects. You could also have to review or change the privacy settings on your computer once this process has been completed.
And there you have it! Your Windows 10 device can evidently be enhanced with a new default system language in just a couple of quick and simple steps, using the handy guide above.