Zoom is an incredibly popular video chatting application that has become one of the most important platforms we now use every day, whether it comes to conducting business or attending classes.
Considering the nature of this platform, Zoom offers a number of customization options that make video calls that much more fun and unique, including changing your real-life background to a different, more interesting image.
If you want to adjust your Zoom background when conducting meetings as well, here’s how you can achieve just that:
Table of Contents
How to Change the Background in Zoom on the Desktop Application
In case you are using the Zoom application on your computer, you can either adjust your background before or after you join any meeting. Here’s how:
Before joining meetings:
- Load the Zoom application on your computer and sign in if necessary.
- Press on your profile image in the upper-right part of the window, and then choose Settings.
- On the left-hand side, press on Virtual Background.
- Here, you could choose from one of the provided backgrounds, or even upload your own image by pressing the + icon.
After joining meetings:
- When in a meeting, press the up arrow that’s located right beside the Stop Video tab.
- Here, click on the Change Virtual Background option.
- Finally, simply choose one of the provided backgrounds, or even upload your own image by pressing the + icon.
How to Change the Background in Zoom Using the Smartphone Application
If you’re using the Zoom application on your smartphone or tablet, however, then you can adjust your background by following the steps below:
- Load the Zoom application on your smartphone and sign in if necessary.
- You will also need to join any meeting first in order to adjust your background.
- Then, press the 3 dots in the lower-right part of your screen.
- Press on Virtual Background, and then choose from one of the provided backgrounds, or even upload your own image by pressing the + icon.
And that’s it! Regardless of the device you’re currently using, you can now effortlessly adjust your backgrounds on Zoom, just by utilizing the helpful guide above.