Want to stand out from the crowd? Want to elevate your profile’s bio so that it’s a little extra different from all those of your friends and followers? Maybe left-alignment for your particular bio just doesn’t cut it. Whatever your reason, learning how to center your Instagram bio is a pretty cool little knack.
However, it simply is not possible unless you use the nonbinding spaces which we’ve included here for you. As such, we recommend making these changes to your bio on a computer, where you can quickly and easily copy and paste the nonbinding spaces from this article.
To learn how to center your Instagram bio, just follow our step-by-step tutorial. For any additional information, or if you have any further queries, please see our FAQs at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
How to center your Instagram bio
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to the Instagram website, sign into your account if prompted
- Navigate to your profile by clicking on your profile icon in the top-right of the page, and then selecting ‘Profile’ from the drop-down menu
- Once there, hit ‘Edit Profile’
- You’ll be redirected to a page where you can edit various aspects of your profile. Locate the textbox with your current bio in it, and click in it to begin editing
- Now, to center your bio takes a little patience, and some testing out of various text combinations. Essentially, though, you’re going to add spaces at the start of each line; enough so that when displayed, each line of the bio begins near the center of your profile and is justified to the same degree as each subsequent line. However, normal spaces won’t cut it. You need nonbinding spaces. So, first off, copy the spaces in between these brackets: [⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀]
- Next, paste the spaces before the first line of your bio back on the Instagram website
- Tip: you can remove a couple of these spaces as you like, depending on the length of your bio’s first line, to ensure it will all be displayed in one line
- Now paste the same number of nonbinding spaces before each subsequent line of your bio
- Finally, scroll down and click ‘Submit’ – your bio changes will be saved and you can now navigate back to your profile to see if the centering has worked.
- Repeat the process as many times as necessary to get the alignment just right for your specific bio.
And there you have it! It’s not the easiest nor most user-friendly process, but it’s the only one that most definitely works. If you have any further questions or would like any more information (perhaps about right-aligning your bio), then we recommend reading our FAQs, below.
Frequently asked questions
Why would I want to center my Instagram bio?
Your bio on Instagram is the first thing people see when they visit your profile. It’s your chance to shine, to shout about who you are, what you do, and what visitors are in for when exploring your posts. It can be serious, professional, goofy, aloof, funny or downright dumb – that’s up to you.
You only get a limited number of characters (and thus a limited amount of space) to work with when it comes to creating a bio, and so utilising that space wisely is of paramount importance. But what if you want to really stand out from the crowd? Well, how about adjusting the alignment of your bio?
Since, as standard, Instagram insists on left-aligning every line of your profile’s bio, you can be sure that working out how to center said bio is going to draw attention and attract some serious interest from those stopping by your profile. You’ll probably end up with people messaging you just to find out how you did it!
Problem is, it’s not all that easy – that’s why we’re here to help walk you through it, step by step!
Can I right-align my Instagram bio?
In the same way, you can manually adjust the alignment to the center, you could indeed theoretically right-align your bio, too. This may take a little more playing around with, but we’d suggest just doubling up on the spaces you insert (see the tutorial above), and seeing how that works for you. Just as with our tutorial above, the best advice we can give is to try, try, and try again until you achieve the desired effect.
How do I revert my Instagram bio to the default left-alignment?
This one’s easy. If you’re fed up with the alignment changes you made, you can’t be bothered fixing every line every time you want to edit what your bio says, or you’ve just changed your mind as to your alignment and aesthetic preferences, then it’s time to return to default.
To do so, simply edit your profile again, and remove the spaces you inserted earlier. Save the changes and you’ll find that your bio is left-aligned once more. Woohoo!