Audible is Amazon’s subscription service that focuses on audiobooks, as well as audio versions of magazines, newspapers, and other programs. And even though this service is quite useful and convenient, especially when it comes to travel and commutes, it’s also fairly costly compared to other streaming services, and can quickly add up.
Whether you want to cancel your paid Audible subscription, or you simply want to stop the free trial before the first charge, here is how you can do just that:
Table of Contents
Canceling Audible through a web browser
- Regardless of the device you’re using, you need to open a web browser of your choice, and go to audible.com. Keep in mind that you can’t unsubscribe through the mobile app.
- Log in with your Amazon or Audible account.
- Next, go to the Account Details page.
- Locate the View Membership Details section. Here, select Cancel Membership.
- Then, simply follow the instructions provided on the page in order to cancel your Audible membership.
- Once the process is finished, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that your membership has been canceled.
Canceling Audible via email
- Send an email to [email protected] and clearly state that you request the cancellation of your account.
- Make sure to include your full name as well as your login details in the email.
- Once the customer support processes your request, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that your account has been closed. Note that this process might take a couple of days.
Canceling Audible with a phone call
- Contact the Audible customer support by dialing 1 (888) 283-5051.
- Make sure you have all of your login details ready when making the call.
- When you get an answer, simply ask the customer support representative to cancel your membership, and they will walk you through the process.
- Once the process is finished, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that your account has been closed.
Pausing an Audible membership
If you’re a monthly Audible subscriber, you also have the option of putting your subscription on hold, instead of canceling your account altogether.
You can pause your account once every 12 months, and the pause can last between 1-3 months. However, if your membership started before 2006, this feature might not be available to you.
In order to put your account membership on hold, simply contact customer support, whether by making a phone call or by sending an email.
That’s it! Canceling your Audible membership is a quick and painless process that can be done in just a few simple steps. All you have to do is choose a method that works best for you.