Even though Facebook is still among the most popular and widely-used social media networks in the world, it doesn’t come without its own drawbacks. From spamming and trolling to negative comments and inappropriate content, there are many things one might come across on social media that they wish to avoid.
For that reason, you might want to block Facebook altogether, and make your life a bit simpler. Other times you might just be wasting too much of your time scrolling through Facebook on your phone, or you might even have a child you don’t wish to access your Facebook application.
No matter what your motivation may be, here is a detailed guide explaining how you can block Facebook on your Android phone tablet:
Blocking Facebook on your Android device
Unfortunately, there’s no straightforward way of blocking Facebook on your Android device; you will need to go through a third-party app in order to achieve your goals.
To that end, one of the currently most popular applications for blocking apps and websites is BlockSite. Here’s how to use it:
Step 1 – Downloading the BlockSite app
- Open the Play Store app on your device, and type BlockSite into the search bar at the top.
- Once the app is found, simply press the Install button, and then click Accept to download.
Step 2 – Setting up the app
- Once the BlockSite app has downloaded, open it, and then press the Get Started button.
- You will then be prompted to enable the BlockSite app on your Android device. After the specific settings page has opened, simply locate BlockSite, and switch the toggle from off to on. You might need to confirm this action with an OK button on some devices.
- Now, you should be taken back to the BlockSite app automatically. If not, you can find it in your app drawer or on your homescreen.
Step 3 – Blocking Facebook
- After you’ve gone back to the BlockSite app, press the plus icon at the bottom. Here, type in Facebook’s URL (www.facebook.com) under the Web Adress section. Finally, press the check icon at the top to confirm.
- Next, press the plus icon at the bottom once again. Then, click on the APP button, and then find and select Facebook.
- Both the Facebook application and website should now be blocked on your device.
Although not quite as simple as one would hope for, blocking Facebook on your Android device is still a relatively quick process that can be done in a matter of minutes.