With constant updates, new perks, and game modes, GTA Online is a gift that keeps on giving, allowing you to have fun playing with your friends and living out your criminal fantasies while you wait for the highly anticipated GTA 6. One of the interesting perks GTA Online offers is the option to become a VIP, being able to live the life of in-game luxury, while being guarded by bodyguards you personally selected to protect you. If this sounds like an appealing option to you, here’s how you can become a VIP in GTA Online:
Table of Contents
Becoming a VIP
Firstly, it’s important to mention that being a VIP requires a healthy bank balance. While you won’t necessarily have to pay anything to become a VIP, you will need at least $1 million in cash to start your reign, and you can expect to spend most of it recruiting people to your organization.
However, if you’ve already got the necessary cash, becoming a VIP is quite simple:
- Open the Interaction Menu, and search for the SecuroServ
- Here, you will have the option to Register as a VIP. Choose this option to become a VIP, and name your Organization.
- When you return to the Interaction Menu with your new VIP status, you will find a new option – SecuroServ VIP – has now appeared.
- From there, you can start living the luxurious VIP life.
Perks of being a VIP
- Create, name and dress your Organization.
- Hire and fire Bodyguards.
- Spawn automatically near your Bodyguards.
- Access VIP Work – Co-op jobs completed in Freemode.
- Access VIP Challenges – PvP challenges within your Organization.
- Access VIP Abilities – A number of different abilities for the VIP, including ammo and armor drops, special vehicle deliveries, removing wanted levels, and more.
- VIP receives all cash winnings earned by their Bodyguards in Freemode, excluding the earnings from VIP Work and Challenges initiated by the Organization.
When building your empire, there are a few things worth remembering, to help you manage your employees and beat out the competition:
- A VIP status only lasts for 4 hours of Freemode play. The time spent in Heists or Jobs doesn’t decrease your VIP timer. When the 4 hours have passed, there needs to be a 12-hour cool down period before you can become a VIP again.
- The maximum number of VIPs per session is 6 at a time. In case you join a session where 6 VIPs are already active, you will have the option to suspend your VIP status.
- You can hire and even fire players as your Bodyguards as you like. However, there can only be 3 Bodyguards serving and protecting an Organization at a time.
- If a certain Bodyguard ends up betraying your Organization, you’ll also be able to terminate their employment through the “Terminate” option. Your other two Bodyguards will then have 5 minutes to take him out.
- You can’t enter a session with another Organization that has the same name. And while you have the option to rename your Organization, it does come at a cost. So, make sure you’re confident in your Organization’s name before beginning operations.
With a healthy amount of cash and a few simple steps, you can easily become a VIP, establish an empire, and finally make your mark.